Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Rough Day...



I have had one of those days where I wish I didn't crawl out of bed. Granted, I didn't get up until 10:00 only because my 4 year old kept touching my face. The house remained silent. My 15 month old was still snoring away on the monitor. Here we go. I rolled over and looked at my son. He was gorgeous...simply gorgeous! He didn't say anything to me. He only crawled out of bed and went to the bathroom to start himself some bath water. I drifted back to sleep and listened to him play in the water. 10 minutes later I managed to pull myself out of bed. This is the life right? Sleeping in, staying home with my 2 beautiful children, life is easy right?? Staying home eating bon bons all day and watching soap operas (okay...okay...that is true, but just Y &R, no comments no comments) *giggle*

Lunch time is always a tricky time of the day. Somehow I manage to make my children lunch, watch Y&R, clean up the dishes and the kitchen, and then find the time to feed my starving self. Today for lunch it was peanut butter and jelly sandwich and applesauce for the 4 year old and Campbell's Spaghettios with meatballs for my daughter. Easier said than done. She kept whining and whining as I quickly microwaved her lunch. I turned around to hand it to her and missed the high chair and it fell straight down onto the floor and all I saw was flying Spaghettios! They hit the ceiling, the pantry door, the garbage can, the dog, the high chair, my daughter, my jeans, and my cupboards. It looked the same as if you would have been mixing them in a mixer and forgot the top! They went everywhere! At this point, I thought...I need to clean this up and I would die for a digital camera at this point!
My dear daughter continued to whine, the dog helped me clean up the floor (he went for all the meatballs first of course), and I was on my hands and knees scrubbing. Then my son chimed in...I am hungry mom.... well...I know what you are thinking, gosh this is the only problem this woman had today?? No, that was just the start. My son is the main issue.
I told him to wait because Mommy made a mess and as soon as I finished cleaning I would get his lunch. He threw a fit and I sat him in time-out. The afternoon went well. My daughter went down for a nap from 12:30-3:30. My son and I proceed to the basement to play with his toys and I make the point to spend time with him. When my daughter woke up, we went back upstairs. As I am preparing dinner, my husband calls. This is when my son begins acting up, chasing his sister around the house, making her scream, and pushing her to floor. All this time he is laughing like he is having such a great time tormenting his sister. Time-out I yell. He screams back at me, "NO!! I AM GOING TO BEAT YOUR BUTT!" Oh, at this point, I step back before I proceed. "I want you to go up to your room and sit there until you can calm down." He goes up the stairs saying, "I don't like you Mommy. I want a new mommy!" Keep your mind open, do not judge me for my punishments, but I went upstairs after him, grabbed a bar of soap, and put it in his mouth. "I will not have you talk back to me. Stay up here until you are ready to talk nicely." I left the room. He remained up there for about 10 minutes.
To make the long story short, he continued to back talk and yell at us the rest of the night. "I don't like you." "NO!" and so forth. Is 4 years old this difficult?? I have begun my research!

No comments: