Friday, December 7, 2007

Food and my body....

Food is something I love...I can't live without it, and when I see it, I have to try it! But for the past 5 years I have struggled with my weight, mainly due to pregnancies and living with a hubby that can scarf down a box of Hostess cupcakes and never gain a pound...


With each pregnancy (gaining 60 lbs with my son due to a love of cereal and milk and 40 lbs with my daughter and that was "trying" to make good choices) I have struggled to get the weight off. I get down but never below 161 lbs...I have not been below 160 since 2002 when I got pregnant with my son. I have always been able to drop "most" of the weight, but the last 15 lbs won't leave.



I have been a member of Weight Watchers (a firm believer) oh about 6 times...LOL...yeah I am a quitter, only because of budget...it is quite pricey to be a part of WW....but it works...until you hit a plateau...then I didn't know what to do. I run about 2 - 2 1/2 miles every other day, do a work out with Denise Austin, and a workout on one of those exercise balls....but the lbs won't shed...I get the muscle, but the chub remains blanketing the entire area.



My body is top heavy, I call it, I carry my fat on my back, breasts, and midsection. My legs are to die for, but my top...ahhh!!! Until......
OMG LOOK AT MY BACK...I COULD BE A LINEBACKER (this was in October)


Sunday, my neighbor and very close friend Amy, got me on the lifestyle change (not a diet) that she is on. She has lost like 14 lbs (correct me I am wrong Amy) in the past few weeks. Anyway, to get my metabolism in gear I started in Monday morning and within the past 5 days, I have lost 7 lbs...



I have yet to measure myself because I want to wait to get the full effect on Monday. I am scared in a way, because losing that much weight that fast is new to me and I am also scared to begin eating things I enjoy like cake and dairy!! I am, however, going to continue exercising next week on top of this diet and see how that goes. I just need this to get my body jump started....



And come to find out that I am able to make better choices with food and I proved that at the Crackle Barrel last night! I got grilled chicken tenderloins, carrots, mashed potatoes (gravy on the side and didn't even try it), and 2 biscuits (no butter)! I was proud of myself for not engorging myself in food...and I was satisfied and not overfull and running to the bathroom when I got home! I can do this and I think this lifestyle change is going to help me get there! Get this metabolism moving!



And By the way..I stopped biting my nails on Monday too...I have little stubs LOL :) YEAH FOR ME...today is a good day!


ME IN NOVEMBER AT A FORT HILL FOOTBALL GAME...I HAVE SUCH A CHUBBY FACE!!!
I can't believe I just shared that picture BLAH!!!!

1 comment:

Cameron said...

Lisha,

You are one of the most beautiful people (on the inside and outside) that I know. You have always looked fantastic to me and even at times when you discuss your frustrations, I always think, "She doesn't see how gorgeous she truly is!" So, I just wanted to tell you that no matter what weight program you go on, you will always be beautiful to all of your family and friends no matter what size you are....I am blessed to have met you and I cherish you as a friend. And as Cameron would say, "I DEDE U" and we all know that means, "I love you" So, there you have it, two awesome people down on La Costa who love you and think YOU ROCK! (((((HUGS))))