Thursday, February 7, 2008

My Trusty Lysol....

It all started Saturday night of last week. We went to the Discovery Station in Hagerstown... that night we came home and Sydney was fussing....midnight...wouldn't go down to bed....Shane is holding her and....


PUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL OVER SHANE!!!


I clean her up, take her upstairs, go to put her in the tub....

PUKE AGAIN!!......



Shane comes up, cleans up, we crawl in bed with Sydney and

she PUKES on our bed....I clean it up and disinfect the bed...and all I wanna do is PUKE....we then wrap her in towels LOL Poor baby!



Sunday morning comes....she PUKES....
Sunday afternoon.....doing good....
Sunday evening, she has diarehea. NICE!!!


Monday....Sydney is still having belly pains.

Tuesday....Noah has a cold...kept him home from school.

Wednesday....I am down and out with only 2 episodes of diarehea, body aches, and stomach pains. Noah is home cuz I am too tired to take him to school....can't get off the couch....


Thursday....I am doing 98% better, I even ate McDonald's for supper (but had a grilled chicken sandwich...kept it mild!) Sydney is eating like a hog, but still squirting out her rear end....


I research...and thinking it could be the Norovirus...since we all did have the "Flu" shot. A kid I watch after school and his whole family had it all weekend as well...hmm......it is going around!


Noah wakes up at 8:30 and says, "Mommy, I gotta poop and my belly hurts." I think, "GREAT!" He goes to the potty and tells me, "Mommy, my poop melted." OMG! Dying of laughter here....Not that he has diarehea, but the way he described it LMAO!!! So he gets in the tub...a bath cures all right?? Maybe...

He comes down stairs stays he feels better. I try to explain to an active 4 1/2 year old that he is sick and needs to rest...YEAH RIGHT!!! He is bouncing off the walls.



I disinfect the entire house with the trusty Lysol! EVERYWHERE AND EVERYTHING!! Pull new toys out for him to play with that neither child has played with in the last 2 years LOL....



9:30: My friend drops her son off....praying to God above to keep him healthy. I wash his little hands a zillion times and keep him in a "bubble" while at my house. This was repeated a million times to Sydney and Noah, "NO touching, kissing, or breathing on Cameron." They were wonderful...except I had to dodge Sydney a MILLION BILLION times to stay away from the boy of her dreams. (One she makes do what she wants him to do LOL) SO FAR SO GOOD!


I continue to disinfect, change Sydney's diaper and wash my hands for the BILLIONTH time today! THEY ARE HURTING!!! NO TIME FOR LOTION!


9:40ish: The baby I watch is dropped off...praying to God again to help me out once more. I wash and wash and wash..keep her up and away from the children...I don't breathe....I am holding my dirty, germy breath....I keep her in a bubble....Don't get sick, don't get sick....


I disinfect again...this time doing the bathrooms and doorknobs again for the MILLIONTH time.


Oh 10:30 rolls around and hubby text me..."I don't feel so well." SHIT!!! LITERALLY...that is what he has. the SHITS! He says he is holding it in and telling himself that he just has to make it through the day.... SIDE NOTE: The man has a basketball game tonight...hmm....


Day goes well....noone is sick. Noah no longer has melty poop and Sydney SCREAMS for milk, so dumby me gives in...ONLY A LITTLE! She has little squirts in the diaper. Everyone is active and happy...but still quartanining and disinfecting the house as the day goes on.


Afternoon: Now the fun begins. Friend comes to pick her son up. Noah has a slight fever (so I think) I try to give him chewable Tylenol...A BIG NO NO!! My son has a sensitive stomach anyway...he begins to chew them and starts gagging on them....

PUKE ALL OVER THE FREAKING PLACE!!! Thank goodness most is caught on the blanket.. straight to the washer! Upstairs I take him, in the tub again...thoughts run through my mind... MUST DISINFECT THE TUB!


Come downstairs, Friend cleans up...I warn her to wash her hands LOL..EWW!!! Noah comes downstairs, she points out that there is PUKE on his back BLAH BLAH!!! LMAO!! Okay this is too damn funny now...I just have to laugh!


Chase her out! DO NOT GET SICK!!! PLEASE LORD!!

3:15: Hubby calls. He is sick and leaving work....not feeling good.
3:30 comes....baby has a bottle. She fusses, I lift her up, I try to burp her, and she doesn't, so I lay her down....and.....

PUKE!! Carrots and brocholli on my carpet! So, I clean her up and the carpet...thank God for that carpet cleaner we purchased! But I am thinking this puke was a result of her doing so much floortime right after she ate....just didn't "smell" like sick puke.

4:00: Hubby calls saying, "HELP ME!"

OMG! WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON???

He is dehydrating on the side of a back road in Clarke County, VA. The only thing he drank all day was a sweet tea and is now dehydrating...can't feel his fingers and body is going numb. Should I call 911? Should I throw all the kids in my car?? I call my neighbor twice..no answer....he calls back..."I think I am okay....I am going to drive to a gas station and get water." GREAT!! "Are you sure honey, be honest..." "Yes, I can make it." I am freaking out..I got 2 kids afterschool coming in minutes, a baby, and my 2 kids....with a matrix....

2 of my afterschool kids come...I read them the riot act....sit, be quiet, and wash your hands!

4:15: Hubby got water, went to the bathroom, and is feeling a little better...he is almost home!

Okay, life is going better....time to relax. I sit with the baby and we chill...she sleeps and I wanna sleep.

4:40ish: Hubby comes home, goes straight upstairs, I take his shoes off, give him gatorade..he crawls in bed.

Baby leaves, girl leaves, and then boy leaves.

5:15: Take care of hubby...run bathwater, get his clothes for his basketball game, make him drink....

6:00: Load kids and hubby in the car, wrap Noah up in big blanket (this comes in handy later), and Sydney, as happy as can be cuz she knows I am getting her a Happy Meal!

6:30: We get to the game. I stop the car, Shane goes to get out, and we hear.... PUKE!!!! Noah pukes all over the flipping place! Thank goodness for that blanket I wrapped him in cuz it caught it all but a little that was on his shirt. Again I am reinforced for never cleaning out my car. Because in the back I find another shirt for Noah, baby wipes, and another blanket for him. Plus a Wally-World bag for the stench!

Life is good once we got home. Noah is feeling a ton better. He lays on the couch watching Scooby-Doo...thank you Jackie...LOL...

7:45: Load the sick child and Happy go lucky Syd into the car to go pick up Shane. This is beneficial, cuz I need to pick up some stuff at the grocery store for the sickos. Noah is feeling 98% better. He doesn't shut up the entire ride home, so I make him talk to Mimi, where he tell s her his whole life story!

8:30: Shane comes out...he looks a little better, but still sick. He lost his game, but they played good.

I miss Lost, my favorite, cuz I am taking care of everyone else :( Finally, we all get to bed. I can't sleep...I have indigestion from the bacon at McDonald's. :( Everyone else sleeps like a rock. Well, except for Shane, I keep hearing an occasional flush....and all i can think is...I gotta disinfect some more....

Friday: Hubby is home, Noah is home from school, and baby is here and she is healthy SO FAR and hopefully it stays that way! It is almost 9:00 am and Syd is still sleeping...the whole night through...thank you God! and I get to vent. Things are unwinding. Got lots of cleaning to do, so I will end my venting on the nastiness of the Norovirus!


Wanna trade???
PS. Pictures to come....

3 comments:

Jamie said...

We had it here over Christmas. The puke came for Emily and me on the day we were driving home from Barbour County. I spent the 4 hour ride stopping along side of I-68 and I-70 puking. When I wasn't doing that I was turned around in my seat catching the puke coming out of Emily. I feel for you!

~~~~~d~~~~ said...

omg lish.. lmao too funny


too funny
Hope all is well. We had a bad bad cold high fever week here with no puking of the flu kind. ughhh

Mary said...

You just made me relive on of those puke weeks where I had to crawl from bed to bed cleaning puke because I was too sick to stand up. How horrible but we made it! Puke...funny word.