Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Silence

Crunch...fizz....fizzzz.....slurp....crunch......

The house is silent, Sydney is sleeping, Sara J is sleeping, and Noah is watching cartoons. The only sounds to be heard is my Pepsi by the computer fizzing and waiting for me to slurp, the crunch of my Tostitos in my mouth, the humming of the dishwasher, and the faint noise of the cartoons. SILENCE!! A sound often not heard in the Shaffer household. Where once silence was the only thing heard before the kids came....

I should get up and clean, organize something, prepare for my new challenge from Debby, or maybe put those 3 loads of laundry away sitting here absorbing sound in the living room, but instead I will sit here and enjoy....

SHIT...dog barking....(I ran to the front of the house flailing arms to shut the dog up!) DO NOT INTERRUPT THE PEACE DAMNIT!! Just Sara's Papa....coming to pick her up...he is gone..it is peaceful again....Ahh............................even the dishwasher is silent...just waiting for me to come unload....Nah......

Peace out!

1 comment:

~~~~~d~~~~ said...

Did you totally see the new google ads on your page?? SInce you mentioned fart?? lol

Love the new layout and pic! SIlence.. oohhhh silence... I'll murder for it. Murder dogs / cats. Husbands. WE HAVE ONE RULE HERE....
DO NOT INTERFERE WITH SILENCE. or else...lol
d