Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Success 2 years ago vs. Today

Two years ago success to me was being able to write an IEP, getting the parent to show up, and all the others, conduct the meeting, fix the IEP to please the team, then utilize the IEP, make sure the child was receiving his/her services, and checking progress on that child in each of his classes...all this times 20 kids.....and on top of that teach language arts to 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students on different levels....with one planning period of 45 minutes a day and doing everything I could to make it through the day and get out on time.....all the while being 9 months pregant and missing my son so deeply.....

Today, success today is keeping a 3024 square foot house, 3 1/2 bathrooms, 5 bedrooms, 3 living areas, a dining room, kitchen, laundry room, and garage clean and organized on a daily basis. My biggest success today was making my Grandma Ritchey's oven fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and corn, setting the table, making sure everything was served at one time, keeping an interesting conversation going at the dinner table, catching the mashed potato spoon before it hit the carpet (I know...dumb that there is carpet in our dining room), make sure the kids ate what they needed to eat to be full, smiled all over when hubby said dinner was delicious, and then was able to clear the entire table by myself and had it cleaner than I started! That was success.....I stood back looked at my kitchen.....it sparkled.....the kids were happily playing together upstairs, hubby was laying on the couch in front of his pride and joy (50 in) LOL...I mean the television...not his....EW!!!..., and all I could think was this was a successful day!

2 different worlds....2 different successes....

2 comments:

Mary said...

Success is what makes you happy and satified. It's the best of both worlds!

~~~~~d~~~~ said...

I hear ya.
Success is. Being able to smile at the end of the day. :)

d