Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Do I hear an echo...

Do I hear an echo in here?

This phase my son is going through is driving me nuts! When will it EVER stop??

"Noah, get me the flicker" I say...instead of hearing "yes Mommy" I hear...."Noah get me the flicker." He giggles...I look at him and he is wearing this grin...












I say, "Don't copy me." He says, "Don't copy me hehehehe."
I come back with a good one..."Noah smells funny."
He catches on way too quick..."Mommy smells funny."

ERR...Okay for real now, please boy get the flicker. "Noah." Stern Mommy look....




Okay well not so middle school puppy dog lip look but pretty close.....




"Get the flicker Noah."

He thinks and then replies, "Okay Mommy where is it?"

Thank goodness! Mission complete.


1 hour later......


"Okay Noah, go potty, brush your teeth, and put your pjs on." I direct him for the usual bedtime ritual.

"Kay Noah, go potty, brush your teeth, and put pjs on." Did I just hear another echo??

Was that my lovely Mockingbird I heard? Or do these walls talk?? I give the look again.... a little more fed up this time......


Okay not quite...LMAO....but close....
"Seriously." I use my MOMMY TONE.....

"SeriousEEE" He attempts to say such a big word with so many S's (which he still sticks his tongue out for lol)

"NOAH" I groan.

"NOAH..." He groans back. He giggles...I am not finding this humorous at 8:30 at night.
I give the look again....he turns and goes to his bathroom and gets ready for bed.
AHH!!!! That was just twice yesterday....
He did this to me twice today....ALREADY and it is only 2:20 pm.
I guess he could be doing worse....the backtalking as subsided to just being a mockingbird, so I guess I should look at the positives.
I think I can live with my Little Mockingbird Noah. mockingbird.jpg

1 comment:

Mary said...

Love that your kids are doing the same thing to you that you did to me!!! LOL!!!