Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Music to my ears!

The silence within the house last night from about 11:00 p.m. to the present time, I hear (d)....

2 inches of rain outside....flooding the streets and the Creek right by us....but the sump pump ran and is still running in the basement...

RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.....SHABOOM....Kick off


I count.... 1, 2, 3, 4, 5



RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN...SHABOOM......Kick off


I count 1, 2, 3, 4, 5


RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN...SHABOOM......Kick off


MUSIC TO MY FREAKING EARS!!!
The confidence that NO MORE water will invade my basement, my childrens' toys, creep up my drywall and create a terrible growth called MOLD!
I will not have this.....EVER....as long as my handy dandy Sump Pump keeps running....


Thank you Sump Pump gods....I thank you......


We will never have this again:





Do you see that?? The toys floating?? The beautiful carpet under water?? The water creeping up the walls?? INVADING US!!!????? See the reflection of the lights in the water?? AHH!!!
Notice the drywall, do you see where the water was...how high??? Well, in August of 2006 we got more than that!!! Up another 3 or so inches from there!
No more frog swimming in our basement, no more of Noah saying, "Mommy, can we go swimming in the basement??" NEVER EVER EVER AGAIN!!
I cherish you, I love you, I want to marry you Sump Pump for always being loyal and trustworthy....

3 comments:

~~~~~d~~~~ said...

ughhhh... god bless sump pump!

remember when it flooded when we first all moved there.. i think that's cause there were leaves or something in your drain.. lmao..
d

Mary said...

Just keep the electric from going out!

aliciashaf said...

Exactly! Thank goodness our electricity is underground, cuz we would have lost it a million times by now! LOL KEEP THE FINGERS CROSSED!!