Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Snub my son's kisses??

What is this, you ask?? Snubbing kisses from my son??

At school yesterday, I went into Noah's preschool classroom and proceeded to the checkout counter (signout book) to sign him out for the morning. Noah ran over to me with the biggest of smiles....he just LOVES school! For the first time in his 4 years of life he loves to be with other kids! :)

He stops in mid tracks and retreats back to the teacher and the aide. He first wraps his little arms around the aide's hips (which she is always standing, so that was all she got) and then walked over to his teacher and wraps his arms around her neck....he then goes in for a kiss when UP GOES A HAND to block the kiss!! OMG!! YOU BLOCKED NOAH's KISS!!! How can you snub such a sweet little boy's kiss? (When in my mind I was thinking, someone's kid kissing me kinda repulses me) However, pAlease!! The kid is clean, sweet, and just thinks so HIGHLY of you! And are you not the one who taught him to give thumb kisses?? Why not put up your thumb and offer a thumb kiss??? THE HAND??? OMG!!! THE HAND ?????

She SNUBBED his kiss!! LOL... His heart sank and he returned to me for a big kiss. She explains.."We are trying to get the kids to not kiss each other..." Apparently kissing is a problem in this class...Okay now that is cute! hahhhaha....

So, teacher proceeds to tell me about how they are discussing the transition to kindergarten next year. At this point I am still not over how she handled the kiss.....still thinking about my son's little heart now in his small intestine....

Uh-huh....Yes, Noah is very excited about riding on the big yellow bus....Uh-huh.....

She says, "We asked the kids if they had any questions about kindergarten next year and Noah asked this question." She scrolls down the list and points.

It read, "Will I have to talk next year in kindergarten??"

Oh...my little man is still scared to participate and talk in class. Ahh...and all I thought is maybe it is because he is SNUBBED....hmmm....lol...he is so freaking cute sitting there on the rug listening and observing...taking everything in around him.

The aide proceeds, "Noah reminds me of my daughter when she was 4. She met her best friend in preschool and are still best friends at the age of 21."

Okay....so what are you telling me??? I say, "Yes, when you are Noah's friend, you are a friend for life." Have a good day and off I go.

So, I spent most of my day yesterday explaining that we only kiss our family and not to kiss our teachers and friends. Just give them hugs. As I took him into preschool this morning, I gave him a friendly reminder and he said, "I know MOM."

So, I am off to pick him up....we will see what today has brought!

6 comments:

Cameron said...

OMG it just hit me...do you remember yesterday when he dropped his platset and came over and planted a kiss on me...I wander if he thought I would give him the hand...thank goodness I didn't, I never even would have thought to do that....he is a sweetie and we will take his kisses any day.

~~~~~d~~~~ said...

All i keep thinking is
"snub ya'

Like dub-ya. LOL

So the aides/teachers internet blog site would be called
I am a bitch @ snubya snubya snubya.com


ho . lol

Mary said...

She handled that all wrong, she can stick her hand where the sun don't shine.

aliciashaf said...

Thanks guys! He is just such a lovey...and will show affection... how could you turn down a kissy kiss from my lovey?? hehehehehe.....

Tracy said...

Its a shame that our society has come to this because there are so many wacko's. But being an almost "teacher" and finishing all of my education classes we are taught to limit physical activity at whatever grade we are in. Although i feel children at preschool need to be loved and coddled i think in the teachers mind and with all the no no of touching children - kissing is looked at as a big no no. Just let Noah know that he has a whole family who loves to kiss him.

aliciashaf said...

I know what you mean Tracey. That was the hardest thing because being a teacher, you want to pat the students' backs to tell them good job because touch is such a powerful thing to all people, especially kids. So many idiots in the world have ruined the whole idea of using touch (of course appropriately)as a way of praising. For example, (Mom can testify to this as well) the teachers can't even help with the kids' zippers after potty. Most of the pants Noah is in (size 6 boys HELLO) are made for OLDER boys and he struggles with them. ALL because some teachers inappropriately took that and ran with it.

It is sad because preschoolers/kindergarten aged kids find acceptance through affection...such a shame :( Oh well, he doesn't need to be kissing on her anyway...THOSE ARE MY KISSES LOL
Thanks for the post!