Sunday, March 2, 2008

Time Warp

Only one possible problem with marrying your "high school" sweetheart comes to mind. And that is that he wants you to remain looking like the person he started dating in high school.

This would be my hubby!

I have been wanting to get my hair cut much shorter and DIFFERENT but I can't talk him into it. YOu say why do I care?? Why don't I just run and do it while he is at work?? Well, I respect him. I wouldn't want him to run out and shave his head bald! I would hope and believe that he wouldn't do that without consenting with me first. I don't care if he grows it long, but what is it about cutting your hair short that makes you ADMIT that you are getting older?? NO...I don't believe that, but I think Hubby does!


To me...cutting my hair shorter means that I am only simplifying my life, updating my do, and recreating myself.

Do you know how I look on a regular basis?? Most of you do...my do is a PONYTAIL! Up and under...swooped up...my "grandma" look my hubby calls it. First, lets take a look back on my hair dos in the last 30 years......and then I will show you some pictures that I would like to take to my hairstylist....yeah I have a favorite one...only been to her once....and she turned me into a hotty, but haven't had "time" to go back lately!


Okay TIME WARP...Hold on to your seats...first stop....



Age one, my first Christmas, look this is when my hair started to take flight...down and in the face....I was pretty cute though...lol














Next stop first day of kindergarten...













Somewhere in elementary school...still in the face













Now as for the rest of my middle/highschool years...same do...sometimes curled to add more JAZ to it....
1994!!












1995 Homecoming (Dating Shane)













1999...engaged....about to get married in about 6 months...










2005...upside down but same do...






And today....same do, but up in a ponytail...
I just don't have time to fix it like I used to.
Now I am working on possible hair cuts...next blog will have them and you will make the vote so I can present it to hubby.

3 comments:

Mary said...

You know the hair thing never goes away and yeah...you've had the same look forever but so have I. Maybe we both need a change. I tried it for about a year but it takes time to keep up with that look. So now, here I am with the same old, same old. It all goes along the change I just talked about in my blog. Do we have the winter blues?

~~~~~d~~~~ said...

Well if it makes YOU feel good about yourself then do it. I equate your "shaving off all his hair" reference more along the lines with dying your hair brown or pink for that matter. Getting a new cut is mild. That's more like..like him going and buying tighty whitey's instead of boxers. Sometimes you just try something new. I remember when you got that haircut you're talking about I think. Or one in particular. She blew your hair all straight.. it was so FRIGGIN BEAUTIFUL. ;)

tracy said...

alicia....getting your hair cut has nothing to do with disrespecting your husband.....you have it all wrong....if you want your hair cut than your husband should respect your wishes....its not him that has to fix it everyday or look in the mirror. Shane will love you what ever way you cut your hair.