Thursday, April 24, 2008

Ramblings from a Crazy Mom

These are my ramblings for today, Thursday, April 23, 2008. Okay forget that because I just typed the wrong date....tells you how I don't pay attention to dates persay but the days of the week.

Beginning again because I am only human...Thank you America for keeping Brooke...we only voted for you 30 million times...okay it was only 30 but that was a lot. She is human...she makes mistakes too....

These are my ramblings for today, Thursday, April 24, 2008. My hubby has declared me as a geek. Yes, a geek. He for the first time checked out my blog ON HIS OWN without me putting the pressure on him. And when he saw my hair pictures I posted all by myself, he looked at me and said, "Lisha, you are such a geek."

I could have handled "dork", but GEEK??? Come on...he doesn't get it because he gets his hair cut every 4-6 weeks depending on when he starts to grow fuzz on the back of his neck......me on the other hand.....The last REAL haircut I got was August of 2006, then a trim last summer, and now this one. Okay so that is three haircuts in the last 2 years. LEAVE ME ALONE!!!

Okay I feel better about that.

Next, I must complain again about the birds in my dryer vent. I swear those UGLY, SMELLY blackbirds are going to be shot with hubby's BB gun tonight...I can't take it anymore!! I am running up my electric bill just running the dryer to keep them little F**KERS out!! OMG!!! They smell so badly! Have you ever "smelled" bird?? Oh they have a smell.... if I could somehow transmit their STENCH through this computer I would...right into your nicely smelling house of apple and cinnamon!

Yes, we went to Lowes and looked for the little screen thing to put over the outside....oh they don't have them. All they have is the complete cover that comes with the screen. So, I guess I will have to measure my dryer vent and return to freaking Lowes where NOONE helps you find what you need or help you buy a freaking GRILL!!! WHEW......

Anywho, as my Grandma Hall says, the darn birds are back...they don't get my subtle hints as I turn on the dryer and throw all their hard work onto the ground....I enjoy watching them fly out to the house roof next to us and wait for the dryer to stop....looking left then right then left then right. Don't forget to look ahead at the barrel of the BB GUN YOU PIECES OF CRAP!!

But then, I felt for them.....I felt for their determination to create a safe place for their offspring....would I not do the same??? Would I not go to the lengths as they?? Of course I would.....so I feel for them....my heart aches.....


However, I don't want a house fire because the birds enjoy lovemaking in my dryer vent!

Okay I feel better now....well, sorta....I will after I get a screen. I will try Home Depot.

My last ramble is the grass that has found its way into my house....I hate when we mow and every little strand of grass makes its way to my floors. I have vaccummed at least 2-3 times a day to keep it from coming back. Yes, we take our shoes off at the door, so where is it coming from??? The grass, the crumbs, the dirt, the pieces of paper, and occasional toy are swept up on a daily to twicedaily basis. I am done. I am banning the vaccum cleaner...

Thank you for listening..I am off to my son's IEP meeting for his speech.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husband had a battle with the little black birds last summer. They kept building nests in our grill. He would find a nest in the grill, curse alot, and catch it on fire in hopes that the birds were watching. He then would close the lid of the grill after he was done and a couple days later go back to use the grill and SUPRISE... a new nest. This battle went on all summer. Keep in mind... everytime he found a new nest I would say "Leave the lid up and in a couple of days they will leave it alone". Did he listen...nope. The battle of the grill lasted all summer. Good luck with your birds Lish.

Jamie said...

Oops... The grill story was from me!

Mary said...

Ok...Brooke is such a fake. She is an ok singer but she NEEDS TO GO HOME. I liked her at first but now she makes me nervous. There is something bizarre about her personality and it makes me want to smack her. Ok, that rant is out of the way. My bird is nesting in my round paper light on the porch. Weird bird.