Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Those bitches have babies??!!!???

I just had such a great time with my posse tonight. So, I am going to take a moment and rejoice in the wonderful friendships I have made and hope to hold onto for a very very long time.



In high school, you hold onto your friendships and vow to never let them go EVER. At graduation, we hugged and promised to get together and never forget the friendships we had. Then college comes, you keep in touch, get together two or so times a year. You meet new friends and hold onto their friendships. Emails are sent and updates on your relationships, invites to weddings, baby showers, and before you know it.....they fade into the past.....a memory that makes you smile when you think back.


As a woman...you crave those kind of relationships...you wonder if you will ever have friends like that again. The ones you can open up to with all your secrets and confessions, belly laugh till you pee your pants, and feel so comfortable with even in your most embarrassing moments. You know like when you accidently flash your pink bra at men at the bar and still walk out holding your head high cuz your friends are with you!

Well, I found those friendships again. I found them with Hilary and Mary. Tonight, I get a call and an email from Hilary about walking or going out for a drink....well, I was all about the walk but thinking about how nice it would be to just go shoot the shit and have a drink. Mary had the same thing in mind...so off we went.




We sat at the bar at Applebees, enjoyed our company with the bartender, and the three gentlemen beside us. We decided we were going in as a team to apply to the new bar in town...Daisy Dukes and bar top dance. Why not huh?? Hot Mamas dancing in Daisy Dukes?? You hire us as a group and you can fire us as a group. (No we aren't really, but flirted with the idea of it). We laughed, gave confessions, and went from serious to funny with ease. So comfortable, SO what I needed.



Hilary made a funny about us being "Bitches who have Babies" and we laughed so hard the whole way home!





Throughout the big 2 hours away from home we managed to get drinks and do a driveby at Kmart (for Mary). Lol...we even got some simple syrup from Hilary's hubby....which I am pumped about! I am SO making my own sweet tea tomorrow! The night was great!





We rocked the minivan with Baby Got Back and had a blast!






I feel great and revived. So, now it is time to go and relax with hubby... hehehehehehehehe WINK WINK!!





4 comments:

Cameron said...

Hey Lisha...you made me get tears in my eyes. That was such a sweet post. We feel the same way about you. You are one special friend....you both are....now why does bitch with baby #1 have to go an leave us???? I will be in serious tears when that happens...just warning you both....but it makes it easier to know she will be joining Bitch with babies number 1 and 2 in the future...now all we need to do is get Leo to retire early and bring her ars back here. LOVE YOU GIRLS...THANKS FOR A GREAT EVENING (all of two hours, actually less) last night. Isn't it funny how much fun times and memories can be packed in under 2 hours....thanks for making me a famous youtube biotch...have never quite made it on that website yet. Maybe we will get like tons of hits and make the news like other people do. HHEEHEHE ((((HUGS TO BOTH OF YOU))))

Mary said...

Those times together you will always remember. That's what friends are for. Hey...how about a bitches with babies band? LOL!

~d said...

The van. Freaking hilarious. I was totally singing with ya!
Can I be the pseudo bitch with babies from PA?

Sometimes it's all you need girlies.. just a few hours. When you can't get that: this internet community will do. I guess. Certainly no: baby got back though.

And you look SMASHED. :)

I mean SMASHING. :0)

GO SHANE.
d

Hilary said...

I was VERY touched by the words you wrote. I may be moving but I will ALWAYS be here in spirit! The lucky thing about this military move... we will certainly be coming back to THIS area because my family is here! As long as I can hitch a ride from Dulles Airport... I will be seein' ya!
I have to say it... as I said it last night... being a military wife, I get in a rut thinkin' that I don't want to make friends because I will have to leave them but you both have been wonderful friends and I can only hope that you feel my friendship worthy of yours.
It IS amazing how two hours of blowin' off steam can change your entire week! How funny is it that Leo shoved me out the door and then made that simple syrup... I know I am blessed... TRULY!
Plus, what a great way to go out before the doom and gloom of my Weight Watchers day today!
And... Lisha's Mom (Ms. Mary) I LOVE the idea of the "Bitches with Babies" band! I could certainly work on that one!
Hugs to all... goin' to bed hungry!
Oh, -d- you aren't "psuedo" bitch... your one of us for sure!