Sunday, May 25, 2008

Just when I thought

Just when I thought things were so boring in my life, and I had nothing to blog about, my son goes and breaks his elbow!

Yep you read that right...we were outside at 9:30 pm tonight having smores in the neighbor's yard and about 10:00 Noah goes off with his best buddy in the world to play kickball. They were playing and giggling and having a good time, when for some reason Noah decides to climb up the steps to the slide and falls on his arm. Which by the way...he worked hard today helping my neighbor, Amy, load grass into the trailer and he played hard....so he was so tired!! (This is what I thought was wrong when he kept crying....until he refused chocolate.)

He screams...I run over and he starts complaining that his arm hurts. I try to hold him thinking it was just sprained or sore...after he would not calm down I took him home and looked at it....He couldn't move it and kept crying in pain.

I yelled for Hubby and he and Amy came over. She helped me put ice and an ace bandage on it. I took him to the ER....the whole way there I prayed that it would be a nice in and out trip. (cuz it never is)...till tonight! Thank you God!
He got Xrays....got a splint and they told me that he might need surgery. My little guy! It is in a spot of his elbow that could cause more problems later since he is still growing..however, it is minor enough that he might not need it.

We will find out on Tuesday when we go see the Orthopedic Surgeon. Noah gets a cast and already decided on a red cast.

So no more bike, no more pool, no more gym at school...for the next few weeks, if not more. My little guy.....

5 comments:

tracy said...

oh my god....poor baby....now that he has the temporary cast is he still in pain? We feel so bad for him....

Hilary said...

I am so sorry to hear that! Don't hesitate to call us if you need anything! Please give him a big (nonhurtful) hug! I can't imagine how scary that was for all of you!

~d said...

ohhhhh nooooooooooo


i'm so sorry big noah..


hugs

xxoxooxoxo
emma and pey and debby

Cameron said...

Hilary just called me and told me. I just got home late last night and after she called read your blog. I will call you soon. Poor Noah. I hope he is resting comfortably. I hope surgery can be avoided and he will heal as quickly as possible.

((((HUGS FROM CAMERON AND ME))))))

Mary said...

He's so graceful, just like his mimi. He's such a trooper and so brave. Love you Noah!
Mimi