Monday, June 2, 2008

Stuff

My mother, Mary, opened my thoughts to "stuff" the other day when she wrote her blog about "stuff". So, here I am to share my so-called-revelations about "stuff".

I have enough "stuff". My house that was once empty when we moved into it in December 2001 is now filled to the max! But it is filled with things or "stuff" I am afraid to let go of...JUST IN CASE I WILL NEED IT "stuff".

Like the upstairs closet has a huge tub of gift bags from when my son was born in 2003 all the way up until now. You know the gift bags you hate to throw away after the first or second use....

Baby clothes....can't part with them cuz we might have a third child someday, so how can I let go of those adorable clothes that my kids both wore.....the third could be a boy or a girl, so JUST IN CASE....
Toys...tubs and tubs of them in the basement....JUST IN CASE there is a third baby or just in case our kids want to sell them on EBAY someday and make big bucks lol...

College textbooks and highschool papers...JUST IN CASE?? IN CASE for what? They just take up much needed space in the storage room in the basement, but we can't part with them.

The list goes on and on....but what I really need is more "stuff". Seriously, I do! When we moved in here in 2001 after being married about a year and a half we realized we didn't have any "Stuff" and we purchased truck loads of furniture and brought the wonderful wedding gifts that friends and family bought for us....it was empty..

We filled it with our Son in 2003 then again with our daughter in 2006...I have been jobless (unless you count the endless days of being a mother) since 2006. And after being married this June for 8 years and being in our home for 7 we realized that we need new "stuff". I need outdoor rugs, deck furniture, curtains, new window blinds, new flooring (cuz I hate carpet), furniture for the kids' rooms, and most of all I need to go back to work to get this "stuff".

Someday I will return to the work force so I can buy more "stuff" that will just accumulate in the closets and in tubs JUST IN CASE!!

3 comments:

Hilary said...

Wait until you can only move like... 11,000 pounds. I may be pulling stuff of the truck and giving you more "stuff." That is... if you like it. Otherwise, moving day may turn into "garage sale day :)"
Hugs and kisses are the best "stuff" you could ever get!!!

~d said...

omg.. CUTE PIC!

Mary said...

Just remember...if your house was on fire what stuff would you want to get out first? Now there is important stuff!