Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Delgrosso Park

Tuesday, July 8th we went to our annual FOP (Fraternal Order of Police) Picnic at Delgrosso Park in Tipton, PA. We had a blast riding the rides (mainly kiddy rides), eating good food, and spending time with family. Both kids rode all the rides at least 3 times in the Kid's Kingdom and even rode some of the bigger rides like the Catepillar roller coaster. They loved it! When we got hot enough we hit the water park. Sydney was interested in that since it was OVERcrowded, but Noah had a blast.....he had so much fun he took off several times and it was hard to keep up with him!


One of the rides consisted of 3 carts shaped like turtles and about 5 kids got in the turtle and sat in a circle. This is when I had my moment....


Noah got in, helped his sister, and they both took a seat. I watched Noah put his 5 year old protective arm around his sister's neck. She cuddled in close to him as they rode the ride. He kept looking at her and smiling and asking her if she was okay. He never took his arm away till the ride was over......


Me...I stood there sobbing on the side....my sunglasses were on my head and I had to put them on to cover my tears....I couldn't contain myself. All I kept thinking was how I hope they stick together like this for a lifetime and that he will always protect her for years to come. They were adorable and I missed the picture cuz I was too busy crying!!! But here are some more.


















GrandPap's Hat...the kids had so much fun trying it on and posing for pictures!



So sleepy!

2 comments:

Cameron said...

That is the sweetest story. I would have pulled my glasses down too. He is a sweetheart and you can rest assure that they will ALWAYS have each other and look out for one another. Noah is going to be her big brother protector to Sydney. Watch out when she starts to date! Noah will beat them off with a stick before dad does. (=

Hilary said...

I love the pictures! So beautiful and it looks like a FABULOUS place! Thank you for sharing! Big hugs!