Sunday, July 20, 2008

Interesting Article

With my Masters degree in special education, a husband who also has a degree in special education, and a love for all children, regardless of the way they look, their ethnicity, their disabilities, etc....we found this article to be very interesting.

We opened the Washington Post this morning and began our usual flipping about. Articles ranged from politics, history, and sports, but one article caught our eye.

Autism: Where's the Support? by Ann Bauer

Check it out! How do you feel about this? Do you know anyone that struggles to find resources?

Thanks :)

2 comments:

Hilary said...

I loved this article. When I taught the "full on" Asperger's class, I had very little resources to provide to parents and these parents were already so incredibly overwhelmed. So little was known about the Syndrome that I felt I was grasping at every resource I could find... if I was a parent, I would feel lost in a very large dark skyscraper. Thank you for sharing... our Washington Post did not get read today and I am really glad you pointed out the article. Thank you!

~d said...

I nominated you for a Brilliant Blog 2008 Award cause I love your earnest and sweet blogs about your life and family.

:)

Go to my site to claim it and participate if you'd like.

xxoxoox
d