Monday, July 14, 2008

You would have thought....

With Sydney being healthy, we started a new project....that would be the master bathroom. My parents and grandfather came down on Saturday and helped out :) My dad, Shane, and I painted the bathroom, my mom played with the kids, and my grandfather made us all dinner!

My dad even cleaned out the traps in my sink....oh how they backed up! PUKE! He pulled out stinky stuff, hair, toothpaste scum, and even a dead minnow. (don't ask) lol

After a delicious dinner cooked by the best chef I know, my pap, they headed out. Mom mentioned to Noah that he could come with her, since we were heading up there in the morning for the big Shaffer reunion. He was so excited and ran in to pack his Spongebob Squarepants backpack. He remembered his Simba, his pjs, and his pillow! They were getting ready to head out when Sydney saw that Noah was leaving with them. She threw a fit and kept saying Weep Mimi Weep Mimi. I asked her if she wanted to sleep with Mimi and she nodded and nodded and nodded YES YES YES! We thought she was not getting it that he was actually LEAVING! So, we put her car seat in the car and were going to have them drive around with her, but she understood and she wanted to go too! So, in I went and packed her bag and got her blanky and glowworm. Out the door went 2 grown men, my mother, and two carseats jammed in a little PT Crusier!

Shane and I stood at the porch steps waving...thinking maybe they'd be back with Sydney.....but nothing. The house was quiet.....not a sound......

We went upstairs, cleaned the bathroom up, put it back together, made Oh Henry bars for the reunion, packed the bag for the morning, and went to sleep at midnight.....

AND YOU WOULD HAVE THOUGHT....

I would have slept the night away, but I didn't! I tossed and turned till 3am when I finally fell asleep and then woke again at 4 am and 6 am and 7:30 am. No interruptions in my sleep but the loud snores of Hubby......and I couldn't even get a good nights sleep! I tell ya!

But, a night without the kids and a newly painted bathroom made for a good weekend!

1 comment:

Cameron said...

Glad you got the bathroom done. It looks great. I can't wait to do mine. I wish you would have slept better that night but it is understandable that you didn't. It is hard to get use to not having the kids around. Kudos to Noah for remembering to pack everything and to Sydney for wanting to go. I am glad they had a good time.