Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Protector

Today I met my mother, brother, and sister-in-law at the mall to catch up. I haven't seen her since before she left for Bermuda, and she had some gifts for the kids.

While we were there, we hit up the indoor mall play area. The kids were playing around and after we finally got Sydney off the carousel horses (after getting 3 free rides), her and Noah took off up the big stairs to the top. Sydney couldn't make it up 2 of the steps, so Noah retreated back to her and helped her by picking her up to the next step.

Sydney was too scared to go through the moving tunnel and all we could we could do is listen.

We heard Noah go through first and say, "Its okay Sydney, come on through. Its okay, see?" So Sydney started through and she hesitated.

Noah said, "See you can do it. Its okay." Sydney inched forward and we saw the moving tunnel shift up as she came out the other end.

Then we heard Noah say, "YOU DID IT!" in the highest screechiest voice and her giggle.

They proceeded to the slide, where Noah went down first and then down came Sydney. We heard her squeal with excitement that she did it! It was the cutest thing ever!

He is her protector. He looks out for her and makes sure she is safe. I just love how much he loves and helps her. It makes me realize that I am doing something right as a mother. I am so proud of them!

5 comments:

Staci said...

I'm getting emotional... I know just what you mean and it makes tears well up in my eyes :0 . It is the best feeling in the world to see your children working together, helping each other, teaching each other, and loving each other! I know you were so proud of your little man as he helped little Sydney through! I bet you were beaming! Yay Noah!! Yay Sydney for being brave!

Sara said...

Way to go Noah, Sydney and Mommy! All these posts about siblings is making me want to give Aiden these same expierences.

tracy said...

he is going to be the best husband ever.....im gonna have to have a girl....so they can get married....lol......that is so adorable!!!

Hilary said...

Noah has a brilliant heart... you have done a beautiful job, Lisha.

Mary said...

That is what family is...we drive each other nuts but we are there if you need us!!