Sunday, October 26, 2008

Mini Cheddar Meat loaves

Mini Cheddar Meat loaves

This was a recipe given to me by my friend Julie. She swore by them so I tried them and we have been in love since. My hubby won't let me make any other recipe of meat loaves! Everyone gets their own loaf!!

Meat loaves
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
1 1/4 pound sirloin ground beef (85% lean)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup onion chopped
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1 teaspoon salt

Glaze
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2/3 cup ketchup
1 1/2 teaspoon mustard

In a bowl beat the egg and milk. Stir in cheese, oats, onion, and salt. Add beef and mix well.

Shape into 7 or 8 hand-size loaves. Place loaves evenly separated in a greased 9x13 baking dish.

Glaze: Combine sugar, ketchup, and mustard in a small dish. Spoon over loaves.

Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and is 160 degrees on a thermometer.

2 comments:

Mary said...

I've made hundreds of meatloves and this has become a favorite at our house too!!!
Love it!

Jen said...

This is the only way Tom eats it too!