Monday, November 3, 2008

Autumn Arts and Crafts

I don't talk much about how I spend my days now do I?? Well, THAT would be a whole different blog...believe me :) I will share sometime really...but till then I have been collecting pictures of some of the arts and crafts we are doing for our Autumn porfolio. Here are some easy, cheap, and fun activities to do with your kiddos when the weather is too cool to go outside or if you just need something to do!! These are crafts that you can do with kids from 0 and up :)

Among the crafts are:

A nature walk to collect leaves followed by a Autumn Placemat using contact paper




Spiders made from 4 fingers painted black (from each hand) and some googly eyes




Scarecrows.....I precut from a template I made....kinda like paper dolls :) Then they decorated! Real straw would have been better, but yarn works great!




Autumn trees: Trunk made from their hand prints and the leaves made from their fingerprints, then add some grass, clouds, sun...whatever :)

I would love for you to share your favorite crafts you do with your kids. I am ALWAYS looking for things to do during the cold days!! SHARE!!!

9 comments:

Staci said...

I love to do crafts and am so going to steal some of your ideas... Last year I was too overwhelmed with my guys beng so small, and the year before that Anthony was a baby... This year is the year for artists!! Art supplies are on the Christmas list in a MAJOR way... Keep sharing, I need inspiration! :)

Cameron said...

While in the hospital, the patients would do crafts if they felt up to it. One day, Cameron made a fall tree. They painted his hand and half way up his arm brown. Then they would press his arm on the paper...this would be the trunk and the top of the tree...after that, they glued real leaves all over the tree and let it dry. It turned out REALLY cute!

hilary said...

I love ALL the crafts you did!!! I especially like the Fall tree!!! You are a great mom with great ideas!!!!

Courtney said...

Handprint spiders and handprint trees are awesome! My kids make those every year. You've inspired me to go through their crafts and take pics!!

tracy said...

i love all the cute ideas....the parents of these lucky children should be so happy with what you do with them....keep up the good work and the blogs....

"Gorgeous Mommy" said...

Such cute ideas!!!

Mary said...

I wish you were my babysitter! I love this stuff!

Sara said...

I love all of your craft projects. Way to go!

supah ~d said...

cute spider! i want to get some dead branches ( lol) whip them into a tree of some sort and have emma and our family hang "thankful" leaves on it. Just to usher in the season. :)