Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas Creations

On Saturday night my friend Mary came over so we could work on DIY Christmas creations.

Sidenote: Awhile back my Mom came down to visit me and she brought a project for us to make. After posting our project on my Everyday Life with a Smile blog, many of my friends wanted the directions to make one. So, I passed it along and people fell in love with its simplicity and class. Because of all the people Mary needed to show her appreciation for this holiday season, she decided to make lots of these with different words/phrases on them. She worked on the fabulous wrapped blocks as seen here......



And I worked on some glass containers (purchased at Michaels craft store for $3.99 a piece for the circular and $4.99 for the square). I decorated them with patterned and plain cardstock, CTMH stamp (All Decked Out), a $1.00 stamp from Michaels, Creative Memory punches, and other doo dads :) I am filling each of the glass containers with Gobs (recipe will be posted at a later date), candy buckeyes (my mom posted below this one), and/or M&M cookies for people my husband works with, Noah's bus driver, and the Postman (I heart him). I hope they love them as much as I do!



4 comments:

Sara said...

Great job! I love each and every one of them!!

Lisha said...

Thank you Sara!

Lisha

Cameron said...

These turned out so great! Way to go!!! The people will love them as a gift. I posted my creations on my Mary blog. (=

Mary said...

I am so doing these jars next year for Christmas!