Thursday, December 4, 2008

Peer Pressure

Damnit people...why do you have to do this to me??

You know I can't stand up to peer pressure.. well unless you want me to do something to myself that will damage my body like drugs or smoking.

But I want to fit in. I want to be cool. I don't want to miss a single thing. So I gave in.


It is the Twilight madness.....

I couldn't get it off my mind because thanks to Debby who posted about it EVERYWHERE on her facebook, her blog, and her Mommy's Chit Chat Board (which if you haven't yet, you need to stop by and register) I had HAD to read it. I trust her book choices. She has passed on several to me, suggested several, and each one I enjoyed.

I had the desire, the need, the passion to have one in my possession. However, me leaving the house is far few in between. A Mommy(yes Jamie, I am talking about you :)) that I babysit for was reading it and she was so addicted that during the day while on breaks from teaching, she would scan the room in search for the book on someone's desk. She'd pick up it, read a few pages, and return it. I knew it was THAT good, so when she brought it by for me to read, I snatched it!

So, I am now on Chapter 6 and reading quickly. I can't get enough. It is so sad that there are not enough good adult books out there to enjoy and this is what I have turned myself too. But like others, it is THAT good. So if you enjoy reading...get this one. Seriously...not because you need to jump on the "cool" wagon with me, but because it is worth your money and time.

Enjoy.

8 comments:

Staci said...

Man.. I just blogged about that too! I HAVE to go buy this book now...

MsPulp said...

Where, oh where is a person supposed to find the time to read these, too?!? Something's gotta give...

supah ~d said...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm so glad you're in on it. I was sad that you weren't able to discuss the cullens and my ensuing Edward obsession with me!!!! I got my last 2 books today .. jenny mailed them fedex!! lol.... I would never steer you wrong.

and thanks for the link up.. cah ching.. and another ca ching for MENTIONING AND LINKING IT IN YOUR BLOG.. thank you!! 40 total extra on top of your othe r20. :)
xoxoox

edward
edward
edward
edward

d

"Gorgeous Mommy" said...

Love your new pic of the kids. DAYUM they are gorgeous! Now THAT is a Christmas card.

Jamie said...

I just got home from Winchester....all the books are now in my possession! =) Oh how I love Edward....I was like a crazy person in Target. As soon as I saw New Moon I grabbed it and hugged it! What is wrong with me?

Tracy said...

Just finished book two and am awaiting for the adult version of twilight......could you imagine if she could put adult material in that book......we would probably faint

Lisha said...

Okay Debby...Jamie needs to know if you are onto New Moon...she wants to know what you are thinking! I am half done now with Twilight and LOVING it. I love Edward as well....how stunning.

Gorgeous Mommy, guess what? That picture is on the Christmas card. I should post it :) I think most people already got it who are getting it...except my neighbors, I am hand delivering it! Saves $ lol

Staci said...

Got the book tonight, read for about an hour or so... I am on Chapter five and so loving it! Tomorrow my children will be neglected as I will be glued to this book!