Monday, December 22, 2008

This is what I have been up too.....

From reading many of your blogs, I can see that I am not alone in my quest to make Christmas a wonderful day this year. So over the last week I have been crazy busy, but it is completely worth it!! Here are some things I have been up too.......

On Thursday, Hubby and I joined Noah for lunch. He loved having us there. It was nice because at this age they still love kisses and hugs from Mommy and Daddy in public lol :) Then,

Friday I was able to go to lunch with Noah again because he was Pioneer of the Week. Thank you Mary!! :) He just loved having me there!!




















Then, all afternoon the girls and I made 2 different types of cookies. I will share the YUMMY recipes on my other blog in the near future. The first was Spicy Molasses Cookies. I have been looking for a recipe that taste as close to my Grandma Hall's cookies as possible and I think I found them!! They are delicious....but will never have the love that Grandma put into them.





Spicy Molasses Cookies















Lemon Lover's Cookies
Great with hot tea!!











I also made reindeer and reindeer food with the girls. They had so much fun mixing up the sparkly food for the reindeer on Christmas Eve. Syd tried feeding the reindeer on the computer. It was so cute!! I think she will expect them to ACTUALLY be in the yard when she feeds them. :)



















On Saturday morning I got up, packed my stuff and the kids stuff and headed to PA to drop my kids off at my mom's for the day and night. Hubby had basketball practice and poker all night, so my parents took the kids shopping and out to lunch and they spent the night with them. I, yes, me, little ol' me, took the QUIET drive to Pittsburgh, ALL BY MYSELF with MY OWN MUSIC to visit my college friend Kim. I had such a good time with her!! She took me out to a DELICIOUS Italian restaurant, we went and bought scrapbooking stuff, and went back to crop the night away. Here is her little girl and a couple pages I made......
























8 comments:

Liz said...

I am a scrapbooker my self and the pages came out really cute. Love the potty princess title (I may have to steal that for Madison's page!). And how nice of you to have a night to yourself!!

Cameron said...

First, you are very welcome. I am glad you were able to go and be with Noah at his school. He would have missed you terribly if you couldn't make it. ANYTIME, just let me know.

Second, I am glad you had such a great time in PA with your friend, Kim. You needed to get some time to yourself. And I am happy the weather held up and you got to go.

Love the scrapbook pages.

Sara said...

You have been very busy! I'm glad you had fun on your trip. Your cookies look delicious! Can't wait for our Moms Night Out tomorrow. :)

tracy said...

love the pages....remember we are using the pass this week....i was down 1 lb on friday and i dont want to tell you what i was down when i got on the scale this morning.....uhhhhh

Johnnie Avocado said...

great....sounds like you're getting some great family time in!

Goosie and Boomer Bowtique said...

WOW! All your creations look FABULOUS! You have been busy for sure! I am so glad you were able to get some "Lisha time" as it is well deserved!!!!!
Plus, how fantastic that you and Shane both went to Noah's school for lunch!
Have a wonderful holiday!

Mary said...

I can't wait till you open the presents Noah got you!!!
Glad you had a good time.
mom

Staci said...

Your pages are sweet! I had fun at our Mom's night! Can't wait to do it again! I hope you had a great Christmas!