Sunday, January 4, 2009

Another shot....

I am so full of shit you know that?

I talk a good one but sometimes just can't follow through. But I am working for this. This I promise myself. I can't even look in the mirror after watching Half Ton Dad on TLC this past week.
I don't do "New Year's Resolutions" but I do have some goals in mind. The major one is living a healthier life. I am sick of feeling/looking the way I do. Granted I love food, but I will work hard to eat. :)

I went today and picked up some of my favorite things to get me started.
I picked up an exercise video the other day at Wally World and I LOVE IT!!
I can't do the tredmill at this point b/c it bores me. I love to run, but I enjoy that outside. I can do the tredmill a couple days a week since time is such an issue.

Then..... I realized that my Comcast OnDemand has it right now for FREE!! So you people who have Comcast OnDemand and are interested in trying an exercise video, you must go to Sports and Fitness, then Exercise TV, scroll down to Jillian Michaels (the chic from Biggest Loser) then go to her 30 Day Shred Level 1.

I highly recommend this for a total workout in 20 mins! I am not one to enjoy exercise videos, but OnDemand has lots that are great if you have time constraints. I am in love with the 30 day shred....granted I only did it one day (today) but it is already working. I can't even get up the stairs without pain lol. Check it out NOW!! :)





Some other favorite things I stuffed my fridge and pantry with are: Tuna, flavored water, PowerAde Zero (Love it), Skinny Water (YUMMY), salad mix, baby carrots, cottage cheese, Fiber-One cereal, chicken and fish...and some other random things. But my new favorites are the drinks. I tend to drink my calories away instead of eating them.


Other than that, I have been sitting on my butt finally finished New Moon and moving onto Eclipse. It takes me forever. For some reason my kids require my attention. What gives?

Tomorrow I am back to the grind of babysitting and filling my life with arts and crafts, cleaning, laundry, getting up early, no hubby b/c of his games and practices. I am PRAYING for a snow day on Wednesday!! I just want to hang out and do NOTHING...but my exercise video.

I love you Jillian Michaels!!

11 comments:

Staci said...

You can do it!!!! How is the fiber one cereal? I really need to UP my fiber... I have been doing my elliptical and wii fit to help break up the monotony. Keep posting your resul;ts... It motivates me because I CANNOT bear to post gains! lol
PS I still am on like page 150 of New Moon. I have had NO time to read... tomorrow (I hope) Sray Motivated! You can do it chica!!!!

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

I believe in you!!!! The first few days are the toughest, I think. Once you're in the routine, you'll be fine!!
I've been doing the treadmill for over a week now and at first, yes it's boring. But now, it's really quite fun! I do different things on it. I'll walk backwards at a SLOW pace for a few minutes and that burns like crazy.....Then I'll walk for 5 minutes, run for 1 and so on. It makes the time go by SO much faster!!! I'm curious as to if I've lost any kind of weight but I don't own a scale nor will I ever own one. I'll just go by the size of my clothes and if they're getting bigger on me, GREAT, if not, then back to treadmill I go. I'm also doing the ab lounge which is great!! Loving it!!

MsPulp said...

Woo hoo! I AM ON IT!!! I have onDemand, might as well get something for it besides Caillou snd Dora...
I run on the treadmill in the basement *yawn*, but it sucks. I'll be blogging abouth that very thing tomorrow.
You know, you have to "do it" however you have to "do it"...
I have been a vegetarian for 23 years, eat all whole unprocessed foods, even moving toward becoming vegan - kids and hubs included - but I still can't lose ten pounds. What the hell?!?
We should start a support group. You know, to bitch and all.
Interested? Let me know.

Cameron said...

Go Lisha, Go Lisha, It WAS your birthday! HEHEHE Can you hear me singing it??? Glad you can't really hear me. Anyway, love your post. I know you can do it. I am going to look at the On Demand. When I had given birth to Cameron, we were still in Herndon and I used that to exercise. They were short and sweet and made me sweat. It helped. Plus, you can bring it up at anytime you want and not have to miss an episode. LOVE IT. How funny about you getting things at the store today to help fight hunger, etc. I did the same thing. I bought some Healthy Choice (one serving) containers of soup that I am going to try to stick with for dinners, etc. (STACI, FIBER ONE WORKS LIKE A CHAMP...almost too good.) I forgot to buy that today...DARN. I like the treadmill too but spicing it up a bit always helps. My workouts just got vamped because before the holidays I started to walk/run on it and noticed it is stuck at a 10 incline...so I can do about 6 miles and burn over 800 calories....LOL. Oh well, whatever works. Since the hospital, I have not exercised but hope to get back in to it soon. Also, we got the Wii for Cameron this Christmas (recommended by Pittsburgh Hospital from his OT)...I played the boxing game and for anyone who wants to sweat, this will do it. (Also, Staci....how is the Wii fit...we were thinking about getting it.) Lisha, are those skinny drinks any good??? I think your goals are awesome...I too hate the resolutions cause they usually go out the window the first week and then you hate yourself. So, goals are the way to go! I think I replied to just about all your commenters but Jen...Jen way to go on sticking to your diet plan. Scales are evil and though I am a slave to one, I admire you not having one in your house at all! Maybe that will be a new goal of mine.

Alright ladies.....keep up the great work.... but, you are all beautiful women already!

Sara said...

Way to go Lisha! You CAN do it!I'm so proud of all of you ladies!!

Goosie and Boomer Bowtique said...

WOO HOO, Lisha! What a great start! And... if anyone wants to know, I like the Fiber One muffins, too!
You make me wish we had on demand... but, at this point, if it weren't for getting PBS... we probably wouldn't even have a TV. I do love Bravo, though... secret addiction :).
Leo and I both did the Gazelle last night. At first, I was like... well... I didn't break a sweat... then, I went down the stairs to get something and TOTALLY felt it. What I LOVE about it is that it is QUIET! I can do this while the kids are sleeping and not disturb a single child!!!!!
Jillian is AWESOME! I'm "behind" you 100%!!!!

Johnnie Avocado said...

awesome......now be careful. Don't change things up so much that you'll want to bag it after 2 months. The exercise alone will do wonders without changing your diet much. Nutritionist say that if you change your diet quick, you'll actually start to store more away. Also, remember that you might initially put on weight because of muscle gain (hence the soarness), but that will eventually start to consume more calories.
Please go buy my book at your local.....man I sound like an idiot......good luck!

Courtney said...

YAY!! You can do this! I haven't tried any Jillian Michaels stuff, but I am going to have check my OnDemand now, too. Step aerobics are getting a little boring.

P.S. I LOVE Fiber One stuff!

Lisha said...

You guys are great! Thank you for your wonderful comments! I really do appreciate them and it helps me stay motivated.

Fiber one Is great! I personally like the Caramel delight cereal and choc. chewy granola bars. VERY YUMMY!!

So far it hasn't been so bad sticking to it today. I did have one Gob b/c I needed something choc. But instead of eating 2 like usual, I only had one :) Very glad for that.

Ms. PUlp, we need a support group! Seriously...

:) Thanks everyone! Let me know what good OnDemand exercise videos you liked the best!

"Gorgeous Mommy" said...

Look at all this support you have. That's impressive! Off to check out comcast.