Monday, January 19, 2009

Bridal Shower

I spent many days preparing for my first bridal shower. I threw one for my close friend Jolie who is getting married at the end of March. I threw it at my home as the shower could be more intimate with mainly friends and a few family. (She is having a family one in February).

The wedding colors are 2 shades of purple (lilac and lapis). I went with the colors from the wedding and decorated the house accordingly. A few of her closest friends and bridesmaids helped me with gifts for the games and food. I couldn't have pulled it off without them!


Theme: Belly Up to the Bar (the couple just had their basement finished and had a bar put in. They do A LOT of entertaining...as we were there for the past 2 Sundays for Steelers games) This was a perfect theme for them. Guests included bar items with their gifts. I bought a beautiful basket at Michaels craft store as well for guests to put their bar gifts in at the guest table.

Colors: 2 shades of purple and creme

Decorations: Pompoms easily made at Martha Stewart. Very easy and only costs a dollar a piece!! They give the room a classy look for CHEAP :) That is my kind of decoration





I bought martini glasses and tall bar glasses at the Dollar Tree and filled them with my friend's favorite candies.


I created a bulletin board (from Michaels using my 50% off coupon) and added scrapbook paper and pictures. This was a great way to display pictures of the couple, decorate the shower, and give them something functional to use at home.







Then to add some more color I just used your old school streamers and balloons in other areas. Nothing exciting!! :) Just make sure you TRIPLE tape because they will fall on your guests' heads lol.


FOOD: We had a large range of food. I made meatballs (my mom's recipe she found awhile back) with small potato rolls....kinda like meatball sliders, The Butterscotch Brickle Cheese ball from Tastefully Simple, Peach Schnapps Slushies (from our Aunt Angie), Raspberry Sherbert punch, and with the others we had chips, 3 different dips, veggie tray, wraps, cheese and cracker tray, little smokies in crescent rolls, cake that the bride's mom made from scratch YUMMY!, and sodas. It was amazing! We had plenty of food and it was delicious!!




GAMES: We chose a couple games. Gifts of Bath & Body works and candles were purchased for the weiners...I mean WINNERS :)


The games were: Pass the Presents, a game for the Bride using love story questions...Read His Mind, and Toilet Paper Wedding Dress where the Bride votes for the best one. You can find these games and several other unique bridal shower games here.



Pass the Presents...they LOVED this game!! It was hilarious!



Gifts

We started off with everyone lingering around talking with friends and the Bride.


People began filling their plates and chatting.


After eating, I began the first game of Pass the Presents. I did 2 different groups since there were about 30 guests. One group chatted while the other played and vice versa.


Then we cut the cake.


After cake, Jolie opened her presents.....she seemed very pleased with all that she had received.


I, then, got guests together for the Toilet Paper wedding dress competition. They had a blast!! The bride voted for the best dress and that group got gifts!!
The best part was when we gathered all the guests and the bride around the big screen and played the Read His Mind game. I previously recorded the Groom answering love story questions and then at the shower we asked the bride to answer the questions like the Groom would have. After she answered each question....we played his answer. At the end of the video, the Groom gave a special message for the Bride.....when the message was over the Groom walked into the room and brought the Bride roses :) It was a sweet ending to a special, memorable shower!!

8 comments:

Staci said...

you did a great job! everything looks great! go Lisha!

Sara said...

What a nice bridal shower! Excellent attention to detail. Jolie is very fortunate to have such a thoughtful friend.

Jen said...

What a good job!! I loved the Read his mind game!! That was cool!!

Lisha said...

Thanks girls!! i had so much fun planning for it as well! :)

Kristie R said...

the next time I give a shower I'm calling you...sounds like a wonderful shower

supah ~d said...

congrats jolie!! I had a few of those games at my own shower and THEY WERE SO FRIGGIN FUN!! good job lish.. it all looked so pretty!!

tP bride was my fav.

;p
d

Lisha said...

Thanks Debby!! I will pass your congrats on to Jolie!! :)

CD said...

Nice blog- will come and visit again next time to get some ideas, keep up the good work...KUDOS!!!