Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Freaking OUT!!

I am freaking out!

The other night I opened the door to my garage to put a screwdriver back and what did appeared before my weary eyes???



A EFFING MOUSE!!!!


He was running along the top of my shelf.....hopefully sipping some antifreeze or sucking down some windshield cleaner.....


I told Hubby...his solution.....keep the door closed and it will stay in the garage.



Well I am thinking that the mouse is not JUST in the garage.

*Sidenote* Back in college my hubby and I rented the biggest piece of crap trailer in the most nasty WT trailer park ever!! But our rent and bills were cheap so we couldn't complain. We listened to the rain hit the tin roof...still something I miss....and set out mouse traps on a weekly basis to keep the mice count down. I was used to it. Even when we moved closer to campus to rent another crappy place (an apartment) we moved up to BIGGER mice and had what looked like Sewer rats!! I have never seen my hubby jump so high and scream for me to get a bowl!!

Seriously...me and mice go well together if I am looking at them through a cage at Petco, but they are not allowed in my house....no where NEAR IT!

Back to the present.....

So i went to plug my cell phone in by my couch in the living room and there the plug had been chewed on. I NEVER thought it might be a mouse. We built this house 7 years ago and we haven't had a single mouse or mouse droppings. So, I assumed that maybe my daughter chewed on it....I know...but it is possible!!

Then again this morning, the little girl I babysit wanted the little "pretend" computer so she could "blog" with me (yes Jamie that is your daughter lmao). So I hunt it down and it was under the same couch that I found my chewed up cell phone charger. And low and behold.......


The "pretend" laptop mouse cord was chewed on.......hmmm.........


Does this mean I have a mouse??? I am starting to FREAK OUT!!!

10 comments:

Goosie and Boomer Bowtique said...

If not a mouse... maybe an Elliot? We had one when they built the house on Doc. Gilpin's property. It was an easy catch and never saw one again. I wouldn't be surprised...it's so cold they are looking for warmth.

the Gator Mom said...

I feel your pain, I HATE those little creatures...I live on a farm with a big hay field behind me so the cats alway bring their catch of the day to the back door

Cameron said...

You either have a mouse or Sara has some REALLY sharp teeth. I am sure some frequent my garage too though I have never laid eyes on them. But, that is where the garbage is and where they can get warm (I guess). My garage is freezing but no doubt warmer than outside. I am thinking of laying some traps as well. It will not be a pretty site if one ever steps foot or claw in this house. I would lose my mind.

Staci said...

I have lost count of how many we have caught in our garage this winter.... blech! Jason bought glue traps and they work well, I just feel horrible because its so inhumane... I hope they aren't in your house... We haven't seen any evidence inside so I hope they are staying in my garage as well!

Sara said...

I'd say it's a mouse looking for shelter from the cold. Sorry that you're freaked out because I would be too. I hope you catch him!

Mary said...

I agree that you lived with some really giant sized mice. YUK! Sounds like mouse traps are in you life again!
LOL!

Jen said...

In the 4 years that we've lived here, we've only had 3 mice in our garage. Now, Lucy has killed about 6 in our backyard.

AmberP said...

Oh noooooooooooo!
Yuck on the mice.
I would be freaking out too!
Thanks for stopping in on my blog lovely lady :)

Johnnie Avocado said...

def a mouse. get an old style trap and bait it with peanut butter, but make sure the trap is anchored down so he can't weasel away with it. Good Luck!

Pappy and Grammy said...

Lisha,

I just love your blog. Shane hasn't changed a bit since EAHS. Have gotten a lot of laughs so far. Would love to see you guys sometime.