Thursday, January 8, 2009

Kid's Shows

Let's talk Kid's Shows....

What your kid's favorite shows.... the ones that you allow your kids to watch...and you secretly like too ??? :)

Since the beginning of the school year when I started babysitting, the three girls (age 4, 2 1/2 , and 1 1/2) LOVE LOVE Hi5!! It used to be on TLC on the weekday mornings which is where we orginally found it and fell in love, and they took it off.

It is on the Discovery Kid's Channel and thank GOD for OnDemand b/c we don't get the Discovery Kids Channel. And for Santa who brought Sydney a Hi5 DVD from Amazon.com. She is so happy to get in the car and watch her video! Noah even likes it!

Another show I previously talked about is Peep. Again this was on TLC and removed with the morning kid's programs. What an adorable show!!

Sydney and Noah also like to watch the following (when they sit long enough to watch tv):
1. Hi5
2. Tom & Jerry
3. Scooby Doo
4. Zooboomafoo
5. Noah: Chowder (a favorite of mine too lol)
6. Noah: Adventures of FlapJack (so funny lol)
7. Wonderpets
8. Go Diego Go
9. Syd: My Little Ponies (Kabillion ONDemand)
10. Anything dinosaurs (Land before Time...etc.)

They have also fallen in love with exercise videos lol.

Share your kid's favorite shows....

PS While writing this blog...I was stabbed in the chin with my daughter's pen. She was sitting on my lap and pulled the cap off the pen and the pen flew into my chin!! IT FREAKING HURTS! Thank goodness it didn't break the skin....Then she pulled her paper out from under my hand and gave me a paper cut!! She is dangerous!! LOOK OUT!!

10 comments:

Jen said...

Power Rangers
Ben 10(Caleb)
Hannah Montana
That's So Raven
Wizards of Waverly Place
Doodlebops (Leah, mainly)
Wonder Pets (Leah, mainly)
All the Superhero shows

I will NOT let my kids watch Spongebob. He's so crude, IMO, and has gotten worse as the years go by....

Jen said...

P.S. When there's nothing on TV at night, I will flip to Hannah Montana and watch that. Tom's caught me a few times although I've caught him watching Suite Life of Zack and Cody while the kids were in bed.

I have a liking towards Billy Ray Cyrus, in my defense... :)

Staci said...

The kids LOVE:
Super Why (I like it too)
Word World
Backyardigans (My FAVE)
Wow Wow Wubzy
Max and Ruby (I dislike this show... I always wonder Where is their mother and Ruby is sooooo bosy!)
Yo Gabba Gabba
These are our faves
Oh yeah and how could I forget Thomas gets more play than ANYTHING!!!

Lisha said...

Jen- NOah watches Ben 10 sometimes too...and Staci-Noah used to watch Word World and I love that show. It is so clever! I miss when they used to watch all the cute "little" kid shows. They are so fun!

Johnnie Avocado said...

Frodo likes
Anything Pixar....
Big Big World
Handy Manny
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
Law and Order
Super Why

Courtney said...

We like:

Peep
Mickey Mouse Club House
Back to the Barnyard (I don't like it, but Jon and Gabriel love it)
Dora
Diego
Handy Manny
Anything with trains or dinosaurs (Gabe's choice)
And while not a tv show, Elliott will sit, mesmerized in front of anything showing Barbie

jamie said...

Emily is 4 going on 14... Besides Hi-5 (thank you sooooo much for Shaun Lisha!) these are her favorites:
Drake and Josh
iCarly
Zoey 101
Spongebob

As you can tell Nickelodeon is a favorite at our house. My favorites include the Mighty B and Back at the Barnyard.

MsPulp said...

On cable:
Yo Gabba Gabba
Maggie and the Ferocious Beast
Oswald
Charlie and Lola
...we catch them here and there, they're on at all different times of the day.

On DVD:
They Might Be Giants: Here Come The ABC's, and HCT 123's
Dan Zanes
Spiderman 1, 2 and 3 over and over...
Fisher Price Little People

We have banned Spongebob, Hanna Montana, and Fairly Odd Parents and most other shows on Cartoon Network. It's terrible!

Sara said...

Aiden likes to watch Thomas and Geo Trax DVD's over and over. He also watches various cartoons on Noggin.

"Gorgeous Mommy" said...

Currently in our house it's,
(for Marina)
Diego
Yo Gabba Gabba
Toot & Puddle
(for Vincent)
Tom & Jerry
Phineas & Ferb
Bindi the jungle girl