Sunday, February 22, 2009

Nothing....except one thing....

There goes another weekend! Can you believe how fast it goes? Like a flash....POOF!!! It's GONE!

Can't God just slow it down and drag it out a good 2 extra hours??? For little ol' me?

I spent most of my day out of town on Saturday. I shopped with the kids. Noah needed new jeans and shirts so I went to Old Navy. Hubby needed socks and undies. So I went to Wally World. Met with Hubby's Aunt and Cousin for lunch at Red Lobster (RUB RUB RUB Jen hehe).
Visited with my friend Julie who used to live by me for the afternoon. The kids played and had SO much fun. I got "adult" time. Went home and relaxed. Syd got a fever. Noah got a fever. I went with my friend to get her wedding dressed altered and learned to do the lacing. Came home. Did laundry. Cleaned bathrooms (germs germs germs). Organized closets. Took a bath. Reading blogs. Yep..that is about it.

But I have good news!!! (no I'm not preggo yet)

I am going on a scrapbooking retreat!!! AN ENTIRE WEEKEND FOR ME!! No kids. No hubby. No cleaning. No laundry. Just me and a bunch of women scrapbooking! Bad news is...I am lettign my girls down for our MNO on March 6. I am so sorry girls. But I know that a lot of you are already cancelling too, so if we have to we can reschedule. But USE that night as an excuse to GET out!! :)

I am going to Pittsburgh from Friday-Sunday. I get meals, a room, jaccuzzi, indoor pool use, scrapbooking time, and time with my girl Kim. I am SO freaking excited. Hubby was SO supportive of me going because of all the stress I have had through basketball season!! Thank you honey! I love you!!

Yep that is about it! Have a super Monday. I will be nursing my kids back to good health!

12 comments:

Staci said...

have great time!!! You deserve it and I KNOW you'll enjoy it! So, who's bailing on the MNO?!?!?

I hope your kids feel better soon! Doesn't it break your heart to see them so miserable? poor babies!

MsPulp said...

Whew! You made me tired just reading all that you did. Cool that you get to go away...I dream of it someday...LOL

Goosie and Boomer Bowtique said...

I hope that the kids recover quickly! I, also, hope you have the BEST time ever on your Scrapbooking retreat! Soak it all in because I know you deserve it!

Cameron said...

I am so glad you get to go on this retreat. I was super excited when you told me. You deserve it and enjoy every second of it cause unfortunately that weekend will go fast too. But, it will be so much fun.

Staci,
I have to bail also on that MNO weekend. I have my biopsy that day and the doc already forwarned I will not be able or wanting to do anything for a few days. So sorry.

Courtney said...

Have fun on your Mommy Retreat!! It sounds awesome!

And I know what you mean about the weekend going by waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too quickly. I need a few more hours!! Mondays always suck around here, and I could use the extra time!

Liz said...

Have fun scrap booking you totally deserve the time to yourself!!!

Mary said...

I'm so jealous...I want to go to a retreat. I don't care if it's scrapbooking or just hot tubbing...it would be a retreat. We'll have to plan our spa time. Have fun with Kim! Hope the kids are feeling better.
mom

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Ahhhh, enjoy your break! It's nice to get away every so often.

Jen said...

Have fun! I didn't know March 6th had already been canceled? Did I miss an email?

Have fun on your retreat!!! Sounds like a good time!!!

Johnnie Avocado said...

Awesome.....Sweetie just got back from one 2 weeks ago. They seem like a ton of fun!...and they even did a little scrapbooking...

Sara said...

Enjoy your scrapbooking retreat! All mothers deserve time away from their children. Have fun!! :)

supah ~d said...

Oh.. I might just pretend to still scrapbook just so I can come.
:)

You deserve it momma!!!

xoxoxo
d