Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Proud Mama once again....


There is one thing my son consistently does and that is making me a PROUD MAMA!


Today as I was standing outside in the dreary weather with my head filling with fluids and it felt like it was going to float off into the sky, I watch as my handsome 5 year old stands up to come down the stairs of the bus. He doesn't even get 2 steps down and he beams from ear to ear. "I got all my words right today!" He says.


I feel tickled all over! I gave him the biggest hug and told him he made me proud once again. He says, "Why do I make you proud?" I said, "Because at the end of each day, I get to say you are MY boy and no one elses!"


Some other things that keep me smiling are:


Watching him help his little sister get a drink

During the wind storm, he crawls in bed with me at 3:00 in the morning and asks, "Don't you wish our house was made of brick Mommy?"

How excited he gets to go to school every morning

When he stands up all his Star Wars toys and I can him playing (reminds me of his Daddy)

The gentleness and innocence he still has at the age of 5


and I don't want to jinx it but......


He has slept ALL night in his own bed without Mommy for the past 4 nights!! Something just clicked one night and boom....he is all grown up!! As most of you know *this* has been an ongoing issue with my son since he was a baby. I have pretty much slept with him since he was an infant and now he is finally breaking loose!


We have been telling him how proud we are every morning and that he is such a big boy. He really likes to make us happy. I hope he always strives to please himself and us the way he does now.


Cheers to you Noah. My little man. The love of my life. My pride and joy. I. Love. You!

12 comments:

Sara said...

Great job, Noah! :)

Liz said...

How awesome! Great job for knowing all his words! And what a nice break for you that he has slept in his bed by himself!!!

Staci said...

your post makes me smile! They make us so proud in BIG ways and little ways. It amazes me that it is possible to love someone as much as we love our children... They really are our joy! Way to go Noah! You are a sweet, smart, caring, and amazing little boy!

Courtney said...

WOOHOO on all accounts! You have such a wonderful Little Man!

Courtney said...

WOOHOO on all accounts! You have such a wonderful Little Man!

Mama Krit said...

How sweet! What a cute thing to ask if the house was made of bricks! Someone been reading the three little pigs? :)
What a sweetheart!

Mama Krit said...

I didn't know you worked in special ed! Are you currently working? What kind of classroom are you in? How neat that we happened upon each others blogs! :)

Jen said...

He is such a sweetheart!!

Evil Twin's Wife said...

That's such a sweet age! :-)

MsPulp said...

Oh, what a sweet little man! Little boys are just the best!
He's too cute!

Cameron said...

He is so dear! And his smile is so contagious. I love when he smiles too. It brightens my day! WAY TO GO NOAH on staying in your big boy bed! You are amazing and I am so proud of you.

Love,
Miss Mary

Mary said...

That's my boy! I love you Noah and Sydney too. I like the way you help your sister and you do so well in school!
love you,
mimi