Applesauce Raisin Bran Muffins
Weight Watchers Points with Recipe Builder 3 pts. each
· 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
· 1 tablespoon baking powder
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 2 cups Raisin Bran cereal
· 1 cup 1% milk
· 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
· 1 egg, slightly beaten or 1/4 cup Egg Beaters
· 1/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
· 2 tablespoons butter, melted (light butter)
Preheat over to 400F; prepare a muffin tin with paper liners or by spraying with cooking spray.
Mix flour, baking powder, salt, cereal and milk in large bowl; let stand 3 minutes.
Stir in egg, applesauce, sugar and butter; stir just until moistened (batter will be lumpy).
Fill each muffin cup 2/3 full.
Bake at 400F for 20 minutes or until golden brown, and they test done with a toothpick.
These are really good, not overly sweet. They fill you up too!