Monday, March 16, 2009

Manic Monday

Good afternoon to all. Tis Monday....

Big thanks to Kelli who came and watched the girls (She is a mother of one of the girls who took the day off to be with her daughter) while I took Noah to the doctor.

Confirmed: He has the flu.



flu Pictures, Images and Photos






Problem: Tamiflu. $40 copay for each bottle and he needs 2 bottles. Doc not sure when Flu actually started probably Sunday. May work. Might not. Is it worth the $80? I have used it once with him when he was 4 and I didn't see much of a difference. He has had the flu shot and is eating, drinking, resting, and seems fine except the fever and sore throat (which is fine when I keep him pumped with motrin/Tylenol). Frankly, we have gotten over the flu in November with no TamiFlu and a handful of times before.

What do you guys do?? What is your experience?? Should I pick it up and use it or say forget it and keep him home for a few days??



Sidenote: Weight still the same and I haven't been watching or exercising. What is wrong with me?? I guess this is the ADD kicking in. Cuz right now, my focus is on everything but me once again. Maybe I will jump back on the bandwagon but not till I see a rise...Okay where I am for now.



Off to clean the house, fold laundry, and watch Y &R.

7 comments:

Cameron said...

I emailed you regarding the tamiflu before I read your post. I hope Noah feels better. Important thing is to keep him hydrated and if he wants to eat like you said, great. If he starts vomiting, achy, not wanting to do anything, lethargic, then you might want to reconsider. That is a lot of money for two days worth. And like she said, he might be past the point of it helping. (((HUGS)))

Staci said...

Sorry he is sick :( Poor guy! Anthony tested positive for flu and they did not give tamiflu because it had been too long. Madison started showing symptoms the day they tested her and she too tested positive for flu. Since her symptoms had just started they gave her tamiflu. That stuff is $$$$ I swear it worked on her though. Anthony was out for the count for about 10 days and she was fine after the first 24 hours... No fever, no barf, NOTHING! I swear it was worth every cent. The doc said that since she just started showing symptoms that it would work well and it did... (They both had flu B if that makes a difference and di not have flu shot. That is the only one we AVOID...)Hope everyone feels better soon! Its just another manic monday oh we oh thats my run day....

Sara said...

No opinion on tamiflu because we don't have any experience with the medication. Aiden gets a flu shot every year because of his asthma and hasn't had the flu this season. I hope Noah is feeling better real soon. Let me know if you need ANYTHING!

Kim said...

Ok...so I caught up on your blogging for the past week. You are not alone girl! I could've written the same stuff about the way you feel! I actually thought I was reading my own thoughts!

MsPulp said...

I hope, hope, hope you will take this advice: Buy a three pack of Oscillococcinum. You can find it at Wal-Mart and maybe even in your grocery store. It's in a white box with a yellow and orange stripe.

It is a homeopathic remedy and will help him tremendously. I have used it all winter on myself and my children. I know if you're not used to this kind of *medication* it can be scary but it WORKS!! The best part is that if you choose to use allopathic medicines (Tamiflu), you can use them together with no interaction. Of all the homepoathic remedies, it is one of the most commonly accepted and used. Matt Lauer was talking about it not long ago! It will ease his symptoms if not make them disappear completely. It comes in teeny tiny little tubes of itty bitty white sugar flavored balls. You sprinkle them under your tongue and let them dissolve. Kids love it.
I take it even if I think I'm getting something and it knocks it right out. I hope he feels better and just forget about the other stuff.Take good care of your baby and make sure you eat well so you don't get it!

MsPulp said...

Here's a link:
http://www.oscillo.com

Lisha said...

thank you guys for all your help. MsPulp i am going to get that tomorrow!! I just want him to feel better. We cleared up the price with our insurance, they called Walgreens and fixed it all. I went in and 4 mins later I was out with his full prescription of 5 days for the $40 instead of $80! So we are trying the Tamiflu so he doesn't miss so much school!! He is feeling a little better but still has a fever. Poor guy. He is so tough!! Thank you tons guys!!