Monday, March 9, 2009

My Scrapbook Retreat

Some of my highlights from my weekend getaway with my friend Kim:



  1. Uninterrruped sleep (even if its for only 4 hours
  2. A shower every day with privacy
  3. Many laughs that almost put you in a pair of Depends
  4. Hanging with other women who have the same goal as you
  5. Missed my kids yet get to sit and enjoy memories of them
  6. Got to eat HOT food that was served to ME
  7. 2 Highway boyfriends (you know the ones that get a glimpse of this and only this:



What they see is a blonde with big glasses, but what they don't see is that I have 2 kids and it shows below what they can see in this picture :) Yeah so this is me on my way.. I took this just for you..my blogland friends. I am as goofy and as excited as can be!! I can't freaking wait!




8. Ovulated the entire weekend and I just wanted hubby to drive all the way up and meet me in my hotel room. You all know how much we want this, so I hope I didn't miss my window by going on the retreat, but if I did...there is next month!

9. Ate yummy meals like this:

Seriously no joke. I ate so good that I skipped weigh in because I know that I put on at least 2 lbs if not more. We had this on Friday night, then Saturday we had breakfast, then crousisant sandwiches, wedding soup, tortilli, potato salad, and icecream sundaes for lunch, pizza, salad, bread sticks, brownie and cookies, with drinks for dinner. Then Sunday morning we had breakfast (waffles, eggs, sausage, etc.), then for lunch before heading out we had grilled chicken sandwiches, french fries, fruit, and carrot cake. It was amazing. And hot. Eating hot food is just something that rarely happens unless we go out. So this was a major treat!

10. Had lots of room to crop in with materials to use like CM products, Cricut (thank goodness Amy trained me on hers cuz I knew what I was doing!), use of other's tools, and lots of space!

















11. My sweet tea (thank goodness on those late nights when we stayed up till 3 ish on Friday night and then 4:30 on Saturday night) and getting up by 8:30 each morning.

12. Our creative juices start flowing around midnight, so it was hard to go to sleep once you got moving!

13. A drunk man from a wedding walked by and he gets excited about seeing a room full of women. And when he asks what we were doing, we say we are scrapbooking and his response... "Who the Fuc* does that?"



But he wouldn't leave..even after 2 different people came to get him. He just kept coming back....we were more interesting than the women in the bar....but we knew that!








14, We got use of the indoor pool and hot tub. Very relaxing...I didn't have to focus on my children and just on me :)

15. I made lots of pages of my kiddos that they will have for the rest of their lives.

From Scrapbooking retreat




From Scrapbooking retreat




From Scrapbooking retreat




From Scrapbooking retreat




From Scrapbooking retreat




From Scrapbooking retreat




From Scrapbooking retreat




From Scrapbooking retreat




From Scrapbooking retreat




From Scrapbooking retreat


16. Hubby held down the fort. He didn't feed them fast food, kept them clean, happy, and even kept my house clean!! I was so proud! :) and relieved. However, he still had the same pony tail in Syds hair I put in on Friday morning lol. Thank you honey for a fabulous getaway!!

17. Best of all...I got to spend time with my friend Kim. Thank you girl for so much fun and the invite. I will be there in the Fall!! Mom, you are coming with us!

From Scrapbooking retreat

8 comments:

MsPulp said...

Soooooo jealous!!! Glad you had a good time. Now get busy on fertilizing those eggs! ;-)

Kim said...

Loved the blog. You described it exactly how it was! I can't wait until the next one...even it you are 6 months pregnant! Hopefully your mom will be able to join us too! What fun it was!

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Looks like a great fun weekend!

Sara said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed your weekend. It sounds like LOTS of fun! Your scrapbook pages are awesome!!

Staci said...

Your pages are AWESOME! I am glad you had a great time! You deserve it!
I am still up and at em'... ;( I hope you got a nap in! :)

Jen said...

Glad you had a good time!! My favorite is the "REady, set, beer" page. Too cute!

Cameron said...

I am so glad you had a good time too. Thanks for checking in on me and also for the texts on Friday! You lifted my spirits. I am glad you are home though. (=

Liz said...

I'm glad that your weekend went so well! I looked at all your pages for inspiration and they are awesome!