Friday, March 27, 2009

Officially Overwhelmed

And thank goodness today is Friday. I am done working online for the next month or so, so things can go back to normal around here after 5 pm. Night time routines, a clean house when I go to bed, laundry caught up, and kids will be dressed for bed by 8:00.

Today, my blogland friends, I am getting nails put on (since what I did have remaining on my hands were bitten off during my online work....there is nothing to do as you read essays after essays after essays but chew your nails) and a pedicure. Sounds relaxing right???

Nope. Try getting nails and a pedicure with a 4 year old, 2 1/2 year old, and a 19 month old. Yep....this outta be interesting. I have a sit and stand stroller and a bag of Dum Dum lollipops for our little adventure. Thank goodness there will be a couple of the other girls from the wedding there to help me.

And I spent the morning before Noah got on the bus going over his huge stack of sight words. He knows all of them but can't say WANT right. It is driving me crazy!! If he misses that one just b/c of his speech I will still be as proud as a Mama can be. And with all the craziness this morning, I just remembered that I forgot to put his snack in his backpack. I feel so terrible.

Tonight is the rehearsal dinner. I do not have anything to wear. I am talking redneck work at home mom attire...sweats, jeans, and tshirts is all I own. It has been 3 years that I have officially been away from teaching, so my wardrobe as you can imagine is a little outdated and dusty from hanging in the closet that long.

Therefore, I will be hitting up hopefully only Kohls and Old Navy today to find some kind of glamorous yet simple dress I can wear to this thing. I do not want to go looking like the redneck WAHM that I am. I want to go as a MILF. A chubby MILF. :) Ya know there are men that like their women a littler plumper lol...my man including. :) And he is a hottie.

So, my goals today are as follows:

The girls and I go to get my nails done and a pedicure.
Hit up Old Navy for 2 birthday gifts and maybe a dress for me.
Then off to Kohls for a gift card and a dress if I can't find one at Old Navy.
Somewhere in there grab fast food for the girls...I know right...terrible terrible, but sometimes you have no chioce.
Back here for naptime and catchup.

No so shabby right?? Nothing like running all over creation with 3 girls. But hey...I am good. I am a multitasker and can take it on!! So I don't need the good lucks....just a survival kit of Dum Dums.

Well, I should go get dressed, b/c my jeans and oversized tshirt with straggily hair is NOT so cute. And since I signed up for this FREE MAGNET then I should at least look the part since I SO can not act the part. :)

10 comments:

Therese said...

Do you read essays for Pearson by chance? I do! I know exactly what you mean essay after essay after essay!

Goosie and Boomer Bowtique said...

Have a great day! It sounds like a busy one for sure! Noah is doing such a great job!!!!!
And you are very pretty so you don't need much to accentuate the positive!!! Have fun shopping!

Liz said...

Sounds like a busy day! Have fun! WE will also be hitting up the mall for an outfit for a birthday party tonight. I will be going with a big supply of goldfish!

Sara said...

LOL about the Dum Dum lollipops. They have saved me in public places more times than I care to admit. Try your best to enjoy the pedicure and nails. Have fun at the wedding! :)

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I get stressed out just running errands with ONE tot. I can't imagine having three.

Staci said...

I hope the morning has been successful!!!!! I hope your mani and pedi were somewhat relaxing! I am sure you are going to look MILF-alicious! Post pics!! Have fun tonight!!

Lisha said...

Therese, I do not but you have me interested lol. I read for ETS the Praxis (teacher tests) and it is exhausting!

Thanks guys. It was a busy day and I am having a terrible time typing. Long nails are NOT my thing. Pretty is fine, but not when it isn't functional. I am messing up so much with typing. I am used to typing with finger tips and now i have to type with finger nails! not easy. Being glamourous is too difficult. lol. But I survived my morning.

Cameron said...

Glad you survived this morning. Sorry I didn't make it back in time from Cary's appt to help out. Your nails look very pretty. So do the little ones (Syd, Emily). Hope you have a fun weekend.

Mary said...

I have just a few words for overwhelmed....ME, YOU, TIME FOR SOME MAMA AND DAUGHTER TIME?
Have fun this weekend and we'll see you after the wedding. I promise to take good care of your kiddos!
love ya,
mom

THE FRYOR CLAN said...

I hope that you got what you needed done! who do you read essays for? it sounds interesting!