Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Spell checker?

Over the weekend, hubby and I went to Boston Market to use a coupon I had for buy one get one free entree. This is a fabulous coupon and could NOT go to waste! We both ate there and had 1/4 white roasted chicken, 2 sides, corn bread and a drink for $9. Can't beat that!
However, because only Sydney eats what we eat, I had to run through the drive-thru at a fast food chain (I will not disclose this information unless threatened) in a town that was NOT in WV to get Noah a chicken nugget kids meal. I also picked up some apple thingies too for Syd.
As I pulled up the second window to pay and pick up my food...what did my little eye spy???


I spied a sign.
Now I am known for misspelling spaghetti on my menu board but that chalkboard is for me and only me to read and keep track of what we are eating for dinner. My sanity. My spot for misspellings. I am not, by far, the best speller in the world or the best writer, but I do try.
Back to this sign: It contained a misspelling that was, mind you, TYPED not written. It made me realize that even spell checker can't help whoever typed this. As a language teacher for students with learning disabilities (at one point in my life), I have found that when using spell checker it is very easy to choose the wrong word or phrase. So as I told my students, I will tell you Mr. or Mrs. Fast Food worker, if you are making a note for ALL to read, make sure you CHECK and EDIT your work and have someone else recheck it before displaying it. EEKKKK.....


Or someone like me will SNEAK a picture of it as she/he goes by.....



But thank you for the chuckle on Saturday and of course today as I post it. It made me laugh...

10 comments:

Cameron said...

LMAO!!!!

Sara said...

LOL especially because this sign WASN'T posted in WV. Other states must have problems with spelling too!

Evil Twin's Wife said...

That's so bad, it's pathetic. It's like no one even glanced at it after it was printed and then just taped it up there (again, not looking at it). LOL!

Mama Krit said...

haha! That is too funny! It seems a lot of people have trouble with the spell check huh? I think my daughter could write a more coherent sign. :)

Staci said...

lol! (even thoush I shouldn't. I am a terrible speller!)

Goosie and Boomer Bowtique said...

That's so sad... but so funny that you snapped the picture!

Anonymous said...

Ha! Engrish funny! Also not to needing verb be in sentences! Hope you not in convince!

Johnnie Avocado said...

Menu board? do you write out what's for dinner?

Lisha said...

Hey Johnnie, I do keep a menu board. I have done a weekly menu for 3 years now, but about a year ago I created a board in my kitchen using chalkboard paint to keep track of my menus. That way I am not ever saying...whats for dinner? It is right there in the kitchen. No surprises for hubby either. he always knows :) It really helps with the grocery list too!!

Therese said...

I am a grammar and spelling freak, so things like that really bother me!

Thanks for stopping by! I look forward to reading more from you!