Saturday, March 14, 2009

Taste of Home: With Pictures

I have not been back home since Christmas. I was really missing it. Just going home with my kids is so relaxing. I feel like I am "getting away" at my own little retreat. My parents make every visit memorable and enjoyable. The kids have a blast playing outside, playing with the animals, and visiting with family. I get to kick up my feet, my Mom makes me hot tasty tea, and the memories just flow back to the good ol' days.

Today was special because we got to meet the new baby goat, Jack and the new puppy Bella. I got to see both my brothers, their wives, my grandfather, Hubby's Aunt and cousin, and my parents. It was just nice. Ya know?

Feeding the baby goat a bottle was definitely a highlight of the day, not so much for the Noah, but for Syd. She thought that was just the coolest thing ever. And my father also got a kick out of the loving the baby goat gave him. My dad, the big softy that he is, tucked the baby goat into his jacket and he just feel asleep cuddled up to my dad. It was adorable! I got lots of pictures of that...I just love how much my dad takes to animals and how they take to him. It's the same with my Sister-in-law, Ashley. She is like Sleeping Beauty or Snow White who goes into the woods and the animals draw to her. I see that is something in their soul...something that shows a deep love for creatures of any type.





















We went to a Spaghetti dinner at my hubby's Aunt's church. It was delicious and even though avoiding people I know from the small town is something I often do, this was nice because it has been so long. So catching up with old friends and seeing how much their kids have grown was a good thing for me. Something I needed.

Then my other brother, Andy and his wife came out with Bella. The cutest little puppy ever. She is sorta mix between a puppy and an Ewok. Very adorable. Cute enough to eat up.

So finally I lay here. Feeling accomplished, relaxed, and good. There is no other word. I. Feel. Good.

Tomorrow is a normal Sunday for us. Get up, finish the weekend's laundry, clean bathrooms, do some dishes, make a grocery list, get groceries, set out clothes for the week, and exercise. Doesn't sound like I will spend much time with my kiddos, but that is what Daddy is for. I spent my time today.
















Hugs and Kisses for Jack


Meeting Bella for the first time. Isn't she cute?

















Pappy and Syd showing some love to Bella
Noah and Bella
Mimi spending time with the grandkids
Good night to all. I hope you are feeling good too.

8 comments:

Courtney said...

I love going "home". We're going next weekend. We havne't been down since Christmas, and I miss my Mommy!!

So glad you had a nice day!!

Sara said...

It sounds like a wonderful day! Can't wait to see pictures.

Liz said...

Sounds like you had a nice relaxing day!

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Wow - what a neat get away! I know you enjoyed it!

Cameron said...

Can't wait for the pictures too. I know how wonderful it feels to go home to visit. I miss home too. I am glad you had a peaceful day and a fun one too.

Staci said...

Its so nice to go home! I'm glad you had such a great time! :)

MsPulp said...

Makes me miss my mama who is 8 hours away...sniff, sniff...
Glad tou had fun!

Goosie and Boomer Bowtique said...

That looked like a marvelous weekend! The goat is adorable... and that puppy... just makes me want one even more!
Glad you had a great weekend!