Monday, April 20, 2009

Day 7 and our weekend

This weekend was very productive. Hubby and I got out into the yard and we ALL got dirty. Of course we were so busy I never grabbed my camera and I regret that now. I did take a picture of Syd when we came inside because she was covered in dirt! She probably wouldn't have been so dirty if she hadn't been crying over everything that didn't go her way. Then the tears mixed with dirt and you can imagine.

We got a visit from my parents on Saturday evening while Hubby was off playing poker. They headed down to Skyline Drive, VA. It is very close to us and they drive right past us on the way down and back. So they stopped in to surprise the kids. Noah and Syd were very excited to see them!! Dad cuddled with Syd on the couch for awhile, we made sandwiches, and then Noah played basketball with Mom.

The weather was just too beautiful to go inside so my house was neglected all weekend. I must say that I just didn't care. We all enjoyed playing outside in the dirt, riding bikes, playing basketball, and running around with the pool noodle light sabers from Noah's birthday. In fact, I am running back to the Dollar Tree to get more pool noodles to make extra to keep in the garage. I never in a million years would have thought that my and the neighborhood children would have so much fun with them.

The rain is here which limits my outside time with the girls until the sun reappears (supposed to be around Thursday). I have some closets to clean out and must get some letters done with the girls. They are doing so well with them.

So yesterday was an okay day for me.

Breakfast: one egg cooked and made into a sandwich with my whole grain Arnold bread with one piece of 2% cheese and 1 cup of 1% milk

Lunch: Arnold bread sandwich with 98% ff ham and 2% cheese, lettuce, and light Miracle whip and 100 calorie Hostess cupcakes, and grapes

Snack: Diet Pepsi fountain drink (MY NEW favorite)

Dinner: marinated chicken in light Italian dressing and grilled, grilled potatoes, and peas.

Snack: I think I wanted something and can't remember if I ate it or passed it up. Either way it wasn't memorable.

Water: 40 oz...not so well. Had Diet Pepsi and the kids kept taking my water bottle since it was warm and humid out, so it kept me away....ewww......

Exercise: Never sat but to spread mulch, gardening and cleaning my house in the evening. Didn't sit till 9:30 last night. No laziness here :)

Feeling: Still as fat as can be. But I am trying...I really am. Some days it doesn't feel like it but most days I feel like I accomplished a lot besides eating. I will get there. It has only been a week and I am not just eating veggies so I am meeting my cravings with control. That is what matters.

Tonight I am getting on my treadmill if it is the last thing I do. That is a promise.

Hope everyone stays dry today!! I am off to plan Sydney's party. Oh the ideas are overwhelming my brain!!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Sounds like a productive weekend! Sounds like your food choices are good ones, keep up the good work!

We have rain here too and no sun in sight till Thursday =(

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Sounds like you got a lot done over the weekend! I always dread yard work, then I just love it when it's finished. It's that "in between" point where I have to work that stinks! LOL.