Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter everyone!



This is the first Easter I have not headed home for and frankly, I am a little heartbroken.
I know in my heart that I can get together with my family anytime, but I miss them.
I have only seen them here and there since Christmas and I need to go up and visit.
I need an overnight trip.
I need to sit on my Mom and Dad's front porch, overlook the pond and garden.
I need to sip hot tea and chit chat with my Mom while my kids run around in the yard.
Until then, I will enjoy my day as Easter is meant to enjoy. I will search the house with my children for their baskets, read books to them and talk about the true meaning of Easter, and do an Egg hunt in the yard, as today is going to be beautiful.


Enjoy your day and I hope you are having a relaxing day with family.

8 comments:

Sara said...

Great pictures of the kids! I'm sorry that you're feeling sad. Enjoy the day with your creating memories and new traditions.

That Girl said...

I am having the same feelings today. We are celebrating with my mom next weekend so today just seems like a regular day. Im going to try hard to get out of the sadz.
Hope you have a great day!!

Staci said...

Happy Easter! I hope you get to spend time with your family soon!!! Enjoy the day girlie!

Lisha said...

thanks girls. I know it will be all better once I get up to PA with my family on a beautiful day!! The kids had a good day and it was very relaxing!! Happy Easter!

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Happy Easter! I hope you had a good day - I'm sorry you were homesick, though. We had the same egg coloring kit here! :-)

Mary said...

Happy Easter and there will be alot of porch sitting and tea drinking this summer. Miss you guys! Love you all,
mom

Cameron said...

Happy Easter too. I hope you enjoyed your day even though I know it was sad not to be with your parents. No doubt they missed you too.

Johnnie Avocado said...

This all looked fun. Awesome!