Saturday, April 25, 2009

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood!

Yes can you believe it?? A post about something other than food and exercise...*chuckle* Even I get sick of seeing my blog only about that.

This blog is about my kids too...you know that right?? I really haven't forgotten about them through my healthy me journey and to prove that....here is a post about our day.

Today was awesome (except the fact the lovely sunshine and tweeting birds woke my son at 7 this morning).

We cleaned up around the house, did some chores, put TONS of laundry away, and then headed out to run some errands.
When we got home, we played in the yard, shot some hoops, Noah played baseball with Daddy, and I finished Sydney's birthday invites. I can't wait to post them, but I need to wait till I mail them out. I don't want to ruin the surprise :)

Then after Amy and my Hubbys ditched us for poker, we decided to head to the park for a picnic and for the kids to play. It was one of those days. We were both irritated with our hubbys needs to play poker 2 times or more a week, so out the house we went.

The kids had a blast. Our daughters and our sons are so close. I just love to watch them play and interact. It brightens my day :)

Sorry, I was camera happy again!! I will only post a few, I promise.
My sweet girl, Sydney



Her bff, Kaitlin


My little man, Noah



Miss Sam (AKA Ralphie)



Noah's bff, Riley (AKA WHYIE)


Best Friends Forever :)



Best friends forever




Why is it always my kids who don't look at the camera?? lol

Holding hands...ahhhh.....


Playing in the creek. We were just waiting for them to fall in.
Teeter Totter....fun times.


7 comments:

Staci said...

LOVE it! I have to ask though, which park did you go to? That creek and path do NOT look familiar?!? and it looks like fun! Is it Morgans Grove? Glad you guys had fun!

Lisha said...

Yep, it is Morgan Grove. :) You been there? Quiet and Shady :)

Lisha said...

Did you like us honking at you Staci on our way out? LMAO...you knew that WOOHOO out the window was for you ;) hehehehe

Cameron said...

Love the pics. What a beautiful day to go. Of course, I have been busting my ass all day power washing my deck. Stain on Sunday....trying to get everything done before the big, ugly day. )=

I had a blast last night. Just have to say. You guys are the best and it is so much fun to get together and play Pokeno. I love the pictures on the Stonebridge blog. SOOOO FUNNY!!!!

So glad you and Amy got to go have some fun too while the hubbies were away.

Sara said...

Great pictures! It sounds like everyone had a great time enjoying the outdoors! I love Morgan Grove Park!!!

LeeAnn said...

Looks like you guys had fun, taylor loves going to Morgan's Grove!

Johnnie Avocado said...

man....you can look at sydney and see that she knows how to use her charm to get what she wants....