Thursday, April 16, 2009

Shucks guys....

You guys are best. :) Thanks for the support on the living a Healthier Me part of my blog. Someday and somehow I will get there. Till then....

I want to share a great blog I found. I am in the middle of planning my daughter's 3rd birthday party who has picked out princesses as her theme. A long extended trip through Party City and narrowing it down to My Little Ponies and Princesses, so she chose.

I have to say I am thanking her for picking the Princess theme because there is SO much out there for a Princess party. I have SO many plans for this and I need to cut it down because I want to go crazy, I do, but like all of us, I have a budget. Do not forget I am a SAHM with a hubby as a teacher. We have to becareful if we want milk and bread.

I will share some of my ideas for this party....maybe.....I kinda want it to be a surprise. :) I will tell you though that I am making a princess cake...I know right?? I am attempting another cake. This does NOT mean I will start baking cakes...so no orders please. LOL.....

Anywho..back to the blog I was talking about....I freaking LOVE it. Even if you are not planning a party anytime soon, you have to click and browse so you can Dream....it is very much worth your time. I have been following it for quite some time, but the author has posted TO DIE FOR party themes. I am in ***LOVE****. Go here to Creative Parties and Showers. You will drool. You will plan a party just for the heck of it. You will be inspired.

Back to me. ;) Here is the video on the cake I am attempting for Sydney's party. I think this will actually be easier than the Yoda one I made for Noah's party. And since I am experienced now *chuckle snort* I can attempt this one with confidence! Princess Cake...click *HERE* for YouTube video on making it.

And is it wrong of me to slightly ignore my hubby when he tells me that 9 kids Syd's age (all her friends) are too many for her party?? I can't cut down because they are her friends. I want her to be surrounded by her friends and family. He just doesn't understand. I guess I am partly being selfish because I want Syd to have tons of fun at her 3rd party and I know the older she gets the less and less friends will be chosen. Noah only chose a handful at his ripe age of 6 and Syd has a lot right now....she is learning about friendships and they are blossoming. I do not want to NOT invite them because Hubby doesn't understand. I will get him to understand. Mark that as Goal number 2,341 this week :)

Signing off people. I have a ton to do before the fog lifts and I want to go outside.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I just watched the video and the cake is really cute. I know you can do it! The party website has some great ideas. Have fun planning Sydney's 3rd birthday party!