Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Where oh where

DID I GO???

WOW...this time of the year is so busy for me. It is worse than Christmas.

I made a list on Monday of all the things I needed to get for the next week and my list consisted of 4 sections:

Easter Egg Hunt: Our Mom's group is doing an egg hunt today after school and wouldn't you know that it is supposed to rain. However, this does not get us down....for our kids would have fun playing in the bathroom.

Noah's Spring Party at school and supplies his teachers are running out of: Of course the spring party is scheduled right on Noah's actual birthday (April 3rd). But with the help of my friend Mary I will not be missing it. She is helping me out with the girls so I can head over to Noah's school and be there for his Spring Party. I was going to do goody bags for all the kids, but you know what? I am not doing it. I do not want to buy a bunch of junk the kids will play with for 5 mintues, then take home to their mothers who won't know what to do with it, so they just throw it out...waste of money. So....I shall take cupcakes and have them sign Happy Birthday....cuz the REAL celebration is here at home.

His teachers also need major supplies. It is that time of the year where they are running out quickly. So I grabbed some packs of glue sticks and will slowly send things in so I don't go broke in the meantime.

Noah's Birthday Party: Is Saturday and I have been procrastinating on purchasing what I need. Everything has been planned out on paper, but going to the store with a 4 year old, 2 1/2 year old, and a19 month old is OUT of the question. I can take them for milk and bread, but not buying 300 lb basketball hoops and party supplies. I. NEED. CONCENTRATION.

He will be pumped about his party...he already is...We are doing a Star Wars Party theme and I have been busy with my plans. I made some poster board size pictures of Yoda and Jar Jar and some lightsabers last night. He is seeing it being put together and is so excited.

I LOVE doing birthday parties for my kids. My son remembers all his birthday parties since he was 2. No joke. He talks about all his parties and how his family and friends were there. I feel having him surrounded by family and friends is so important especially when it is just a day for him. And the excitement on his face when he sees me making things for the party, putting the goody bags together, and helping me with ideas. I LOVE it. :) They don't even have to be big crazy parties, its just about the celebration and time with family friends. I don't even spend much money on the party because I am frugal friendly (Dollar Tree, I make a lot on my own, and watch for deals). But Noah will never know!!! All he knows is that he had a blast!!

So stay tuned for pictures of what I have planned for his Star Wars Party on Saturday. I will try to get some pictures posted in the next couple days. I still need to take a trip to AC Moore and Party City for last minute items. That will have to be today!!

Easter: It is almost here!! Where does time go?? I can not wait this year for my kids to find their baskets...we get to hide them in tricker places each year! They love when the Easter bunny comes. And frankly, I get excited too!! Their baskets will be filled with very little candy, books, small toys, and $5 movies. :) I am also getting them cute sunglasses...ohhhh....I am so excited!!

Then a little more coming up. Spring break!!! Hubby and I are taking the kids to the zoo, visiting with family and friends, and cleaning the garage!!

Then it is time for Syd's birthday party. She picked out a princess theme at Party City...so as you can imagine...I CANT WAIT!!!!

Well, I need to clean my house since people will have to see it this weekend...however, we will be mostly outside since it supposed to be mostly sunny and 63!!!!!

My lovely blogland friends...enjoy your day and I am making my rounds to your blogs.

5 comments:

Staci said...

His parties sound awesome! I can't wait to see the pics!

Sara said...

You're a busy woman! Good luck with Noah's party. I'm sure everything will turn out wonderful. Have fun at the Easter party this evening.

Therese said...

You are certainly busy! Have fun with the party!

Kelly said...

Good luck with everything! I can't imagine planning two birthdays in the same month. See you tonight!!

Casey (EcOnomical Mom) said...

Good luck with getting everything done!!! You'll do great. It's a really busy time for me too.
I feel like I'm in some kind of time warp. You blink and have lost an hour! So...don't blink too often.
Anyway, have a good day :)