Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

It figures....my plans to sleep in on Mother's Day were interrupted at 4:30 in the morning with my six year old coming to me (after just falling asleep at 2 am cuz Hubby and I were drinking slushies with neighbors till then) and complaining that his belly hurt. He told me he was hungry. I went back to his bed with him and laid down. I asked him to try to go back to sleep and we would eat a big breakfast in the morning.

Well, at 5:00 he woke back up and said he had to puke. So, for the next 5 hours I sat up with him while he vomited and had terrible, uncontrollable cases of diarrhea. I felt terrible. I felt responsible even though I tried not to pass it and had no control over it. But you can not avoid all the germs in the world. I did my best to stop it, but it was inevitable. He is starting to feel better. I know because he is back to his old antics picking on his sister.



So, finally about 11 am, he stopped the vomiting and diarrhea and was able to rest during the afternoon. Sydney and I went outside to enjoy the gorgeous day while he slept on the couch. We planted a few flowers and Syd did the watering. She was having so much fun! The dress she has one was an early birthday present from her Grandma and Pappy. It is adorable on her :)




This morning Hubby and the kids presented me with the gifts they made for me. I got a picture with Syd, but after Noah gave me his, I turned out to get a picture with him and he was asleep on the couch. Poor guy was down and out. He made me tissue flowers and put it in a vase with his name on it. Hubby, Syd, and a little help from a couple of my friends (Thanks Amy and Tiffany) created an adorable picture for me. Hubby had made me one of Noah when he was 3 years old, so now I can hang the two together in my foyer.

Thank you Hubby for a wonderful Mother's Day!! I love you guys!!

7 comments:

Cameron said...

LOVE THE GIFT! LOVE THAT PIC OF YOU TWO TOO. Hope you had a nice Mother's Day. I am glad that Noah is on the upswing. Poor thing...poor you. See a mother never stops/relaxes even on Mother's Day

Love you!

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Sorry about the germs at your house, but it sounds like you had a nice Mother's Day anyway! I did 3 loads of laundry on my day. :-)

Sara said...

I hope Noah feels better soon. Your gift is beautiful! I'm sure you'll cherish it forever. :)

Johnnie Avocado said...

I love that framed photo.....I feel like such a loser dad now.

Staci said...

First, poor Noah!!!! I hope he is feeling MUCH better this morning.... There is nothing worse than sick babies :( You just want to make them feel better bit there is nothing you can do!

Second, what fabulous gifts! I know you will cherish them FOREVER!!! How very sweet!!!

Lisha said...

Thanks guys :) I am so proud of his efforts to make this. But I am glad he got a little help from my friends lol.

Mary said...

I'm glad Noah is feeling better. Now I hope shane doesn't get it. You are such a wonderful mom and take care of your kids so well. I know thaey make you happy everyday so even if they were sick on your day, you made the best of it.
I love you!
mom