Monday, June 29, 2009
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Friday: We got to PA around lunchtime. We met with the groom and one of the groomsman for lunch. They then went golfing and I went out to my Grandfather's house to hang with the kids. I chatted with him on the porch swing while the kids played. I love my time with him. After I picked Hubby up from golfing (who was wasted from shots cuz he lost). We dropped the kids off at my Mother-in-laws so they could spend the evening with their Grandma. They had a blast playing outside, taking a walk, and eating chocolate chip pancakes. Hubby went to the rehearsal & dinner. I went out to my parents and just spent time with my Mom & Dad. I enjoyed the quiet time outside in the gazebo by the pond. So quiet and relaxing. Then, my Mom and I went out to pick up the kids. When I got back, I got to spend time with an old high school friend, Jasmine, and my family laughing around the campfire.
My brother Mike
Jasmine and me
My brother, Mike, and me
My Mom & Syd
Saturday: We got up, had a delicious breakfast made by my father. (I have now named their house as Brookside Bed & Breakfast). We slept good, ate well, and the kids had so much fun playing by the pond. Hubby & Noah caught 2 tadpoles and a salamander for his tadpole container. We are going to watch them grow and change! Hubby and I then got ready for his best friend's wedding and then headed out.
The wedding was beautiful and the reception was fun. Hubby had a blast with old friends, and we had a great time together with the kids.
He amazes me with his eye for insects. He finds things that we pass by all the time because we are too busy to look for. My brother and his wife smoked a pork loin, my mom made sides, and we ate together on my Mom & Dad's front porch. Wonderful. The only word to describe it.
Friday, June 26, 2009
1. The slugs are back. Nasty as can be. I am making my trip after the weekend to Lowes and getting slug remover.....isn't that salt??? *chuckle* If you don't remember my prior blogs last year click here....you will be amazed! They are back bigger than ever.
2. Hubby and I are heading to PA for the weekend. Hubby's best friend, Frank, is getting married and he is in the wedding. I am so excited because I get to spend time with my Mom Friday night, as the kids are spending time with the in-laws. Then, we will be enjoying our time together at Frank's wedding Saturday. The kids will then get to spend time with my parents. I am so excited for our little "getaway" this weekend!!
3. My parents, my grandfather, the 4 of us are heading to Myrtle Beach on July 11. It is our usual summer vacation spot for the last 7 years, but this year my parents are joining us. I am so excited!!!
4. I missed cub scouts tonight. I had to work online and Hubby was supposed to take my place for the pack meeting and he forgot!!! I forgot to remind him. I feel so guilty for missing, but my plate is full, and I am volunteering. Besides, none of the pack was able to come tonight but Noah and Hubby, so no harm done. But the guilt eats me alive.
5. We are enjoying the pool almost on a daily basis. I love that Hubby and I get the entire summer together with the kids. We are so spoiled and are grateful for this time.
6. I bought a new dress for tomorrow. I am so excited. I will post some pictures later from the wedding. As you all know, I am not a shopper. I do not spend money unless it is on my kids, so this is exciting for me!!
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
and after....June 24, 2009 (I even added in a basket of laundry that needs put away just for your viewing pleasure!)
and Evil Twin's Wife...how is this for a boobage shot.....
Hubby was impressed. He thought I looked better now than back in the day! Another reason I love him.
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
After getting there we checked out the beach, made lunch, and picked our campsites. During lunch, the kids made their way to the playground, where a nest of yellow jackets was stirred up. Sydney went down the slide and was stung on the face and leg multiple times. I wasn't sure how she would react, so Amy gave me Benadryl and Motrin just in case. She was scared for a while and was hurting but thank God it happened early because she quickly forgot.
Tents were popped, camp was set up, and the kids started to play. Life. Was. Good.
We wrote down some of the things that were said during the trip. Hubby took my car and I have them in the car. I will update later with those. They are too funny!!!
On Monday, we headed down to the beach after taking down the tents and such. We didn't last long thanks to the bird who woke Syd up at 6:15 that morning. She was whiny and crabby and I couldn't take it any longer. The rest hung around all day. I was not going to be miserable all day when all she needed was a nap. But we had a great time!!!
Happy Father's Day to my hubby. You are simply the best.
Thursday, June 18, 2009
1st mistake: Going to Walmart. Period.
2nd mistake: Going to Walmart over lunch. Hungry kids=impatient kids=mental breakdown of WT mother
3rd mistake: Getting one of those 2 seater carts with the buckles. 2 seats and 3 kids= disaster
4th mistake: Praising my son on how wonderful he has been. Ego boosting=oh that must mean I am in the clear to be naughty!
5th mistake: Letting the almost 2 year old out of the buckle since she was crying SO loudly through the store because I would not hold her while pushing the 2 seater cart which would not turn in any direction I wanted it too.
6th mistake: Going to Wal-mart. Period. Did I mention that already?
So, when I finally made it home, after running through the drive-thru to feed the whiny, hungry kids, I made my final mistake:
I took them to the pool.
Nope. Didn’t happen.
Crying girls & clingy son who kept hanging on me as I had two crying girls who needed held.
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
1. Share please.
2. I said Share please.
3. Get down Dog!
4. Outside? to the dog
5. I love how we are all playing so nicely!
6. I love you.
7. You are such a good boy/girl.
8. What would I do without you? (to the kids lol)
9. Mommy just needs to go to the bathroom alone.
10. A bath again?
11. Stop fighting.
12. Time to eat!
13. Wash your hands.
14. Time OUT!
15. Clean it up! Clean it up! You can make it fun to do!
16. Eat your lunch.
17. Go to your room for 15 minutes till I say to come out.
18. Quiet time!
19. Wanna watcha some tv? PLEASE???!!!!
20. Go play on the playground.
21. You guys want to color or play play dough?
22. Let's play Ring Around the Rosie/ Hide and Seek
Now for the nice ones...
23. Can I please just unload the dishwasher without you up my butt?
24. Do you need wiped?
25. Hold on, you have boogies.
26. Seriously, can you put up the lid Noah?
27. Put your wrappers in the garbage children.
28. Err..there are things sticking to my feet! Didn't I just sweep?
29. Noah give it up....you have been bug hunting for 2 hours!
30. Syd, clean your room for crying out loud!
I am sure there is more. What do you find yourself saying to your kids EVERY DAY???
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Courtney at Mommy Forum
Evil Twin's Wife at The Glamorous Life of a Hausfrau
Saturday, June 13, 2009
Friday, June 12, 2009
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
2. You are NOT ALLOWED to explain ANYTHING unless someone messages or comments you and asks. -- and believe me, the temptation to explain some of these will be overwhelming. Nothing is exactly as it seems
Kissed any one of your Facebook friends? Yes
Been arrested? no
Kissed someone you didn't like? no
Slept in until 5 PM? no
Fallen asleep at work/school? No
Held a snake? yes
Ran a red light? yes
Been suspended from school? no
Experienced love at first sight? yes
Totaled your car in an accident? Yes
Been in a vehicle at more than 100 mph? No
Driven a vehicle at more than 100 mph? No
Been fired from a job? no
Fired somebody? no
Sang karaoke? yes
Pointed a gun at someone? no
Done something you told yourself you wouldn't? yes
Laughed until something you were drinking came out your nose? yes
Caught a snowflake on your tongue? yes
Kissed in the rain? yes
Had a close brush with death? yes
Played spin-the-bottle? yes
Sang in the shower? yes
Smoked a cigar? No
Sat on a rooftop? yes
Taken pictures of yourself naked? Yes
Smuggled something into another country? No
Been pushed into a pool with all your clothes? yes
Broken a bone? yes
Skipped school? No
Eaten a bug? No
Walked a moonlit beach? yes
Rode a motorcycle? yes
Dumped someone? yes
Forgotten your anniversary? no
Lied to avoid a ticket? No
Ridden on a helicopter? no
Shaved your head? no
Played a prank on someone? yes
Hit a home run? No
Felt like killing someone? no
Been falling-down drunk? yes
Made your girlfriend/boyfriend cry? yes
Had Mexican jumping beans for pets? yes
Puked on amusement ride? no
Seriously & intentionally boycotted something? yes
Been in a band? yes
Been on TV? yes
Shot a gun? No
Gave someone stitches? no
Eaten a whole habenero pepper? no
Ridden a surfboard? no
Drank straight from a liquor bottle? yes
Had surgery? yesStreaked? yes
Taken by ambulance to hospital? yes
Tripped on mushrooms? no
Passed out when not drinking? no
Peed on a bush? No
Donated Blood? yes
Grabbed electric fence? yes
Eaten alligator meat? no
Eaten cheesecake? yes
Eaten your kids' Halloween candy? yes
Killed an animal when not hunting? yes
Peed your pants in public? Yes
Pooped your pants in public? no
Snuck into a movie without paying? No
Written graffiti? no
Think about the future? yes
Been in handcuffs? no
Believe in love? yes
Sleep on a certain side of the bed? yes
Interesting. Thanks Daddy's on Diaper Detail!! Quick and fun...had to think about some of them.. lol
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
My home has taken a beating this year. I watch my once brand new home fall apart each year I own it. It is now going on year 8 and you can see the wear and tear. It is so hard to keep up with right now with me not working outside the home. Things just fall to the bottom of my list of purchases. It took forever for us just to save for a playground, and now things like the appliances are beginning to die, carpet needs replaced with laminate, and furniture needs to be replaced. The bathrooms need new tile and caulking. I need to add organziers to the pantry and laundry room cuz as our family grows, so does the amount of stuff we own.
It is funny when we look back to when we moved in December of 2001, Hubby and I were childless. We bought this (what we throught was huge at the time) 2100 square foot, 4 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath home. Since then, we have filled it with a dog and two kids. We even finished the basement with another bedroom and full bath. More rooms to clean, keep up with, and to fill with junk.
As you can see, the future of my summer is going to be filled with throwing junk away. My once 2 bags of garbage (thanks to recycling) will turn into 20 bags each week (unless it can be sold, given away, or recycled and most it is so worn out it can't be). I can't stand the clutter anymore. I hate finding something or getting something and then asking, "What am I going to do with this? Where should I put it?"
There she is...my plans for the summer. Somewhere in there I will do a lot of visiting with family and old friends, go on vacation, hang out at the pool, hang with my most awesome Mom friends, and just enjoy my time with my kids and Hubby. It starts this weekend as we are going to Pittsburgh to see my best friend from college. Her daughter is turning one! I can't even believe how fast time goes....Wait...wasn't that the title of my last post? Wow. It is amazing.
Have a great Tuesday and a better Hump Day tomorrow!
Monday, June 8, 2009
Here it is...with all the sweat, dedication, and love that went into it.
Of course Mommy and Daddy remembered sunscreen on the kids but forgot to keep reapplying on ourselves!!
Friday, June 5, 2009
Well, sobbing was a major part of my evening and morning. I have ruled out hormones. So, the sobbing is just sobbing, not hard ass crying, just a sob sob sob....because a couple major things (major to me) have occurred.
Here is the video of Noah when he was two....listen carefully to his mumbling...he was trying so hard to get his words out. Those cheeks....I just wanna eat em up!
2. Sydney's big milestone has had me sobbing as well. Syd recently turned 3 and I swore when she was 2 that we would get rid of the binky, but Syd seems to do things on her own when she is ready, so forcing her or encouraging seems to slow the process...for example potty training. She did that when she turned 2. That was all by herself (with a little teaching by her big brother).
What the heck...here is a video of Syd when she was ALL about her binky. I love this video except for my annoying voice. She was so little...only 18 months old and those cheeks....gosh I pray our future baby has those cheeks like Noah and Sydney. Figures that Blogger can't take a big ol' video over one minute...so it has to be Youtube.
Off to clean this wreck I call a home and get things ready for the fun-filled beautiful weekend ahead. I will be back to read all your blogs and see how life is going for you.