Sunday, June 28, 2009

Fabulous Weekend

You know those great weekends that you never want to end?
The ones that you want the time to stop. The moments you wish you would last forever?
This weekend was full of weekends like that.
Hubby and I took the kids back home for a long extended weekend with friends and family.
It was non-stop adventure, but I wouldn't change it for the world.


Friday: We got to PA around lunchtime. We met with the groom and one of the groomsman for lunch. They then went golfing and I went out to my Grandfather's house to hang with the kids. I chatted with him on the porch swing while the kids played. I love my time with him. After I picked Hubby up from golfing (who was wasted from shots cuz he lost). We dropped the kids off at my Mother-in-laws so they could spend the evening with their Grandma. They had a blast playing outside, taking a walk, and eating chocolate chip pancakes. Hubby went to the rehearsal & dinner. I went out to my parents and just spent time with my Mom & Dad. I enjoyed the quiet time outside in the gazebo by the pond. So quiet and relaxing. Then, my Mom and I went out to pick up the kids. When I got back, I got to spend time with an old high school friend, Jasmine, and my family laughing around the campfire.




My brother Mike


Jasmine and me


My brother, Mike, and me



My Mom & Syd


Saturday: We got up, had a delicious breakfast made by my father. (I have now named their house as Brookside Bed & Breakfast). We slept good, ate well, and the kids had so much fun playing by the pond. Hubby & Noah caught 2 tadpoles and a salamander for his tadpole container. We are going to watch them grow and change! Hubby and I then got ready for his best friend's wedding and then headed out.

The wedding was beautiful and the reception was fun. Hubby had a blast with old friends, and we had a great time together with the kids.


Sunday: We got up, had another delicious breakfast made by my father, and hung out with family. Noah was up by 9 and was catching more bugs. He found this beautiful Luna Moth.



He amazes me with his eye for insects. He finds things that we pass by all the time because we are too busy to look for. My brother and his wife smoked a pork loin, my mom made sides, and we ate together on my Mom & Dad's front porch. Wonderful. The only word to describe it.
Now I am home and back to the normal routine of life. Laundry, picking up toys, and dishes. All my favorites.


9 comments:

skywind said...

Wishes you to be weekend joyful! One great day. : )
Health information & Humor & Fun World

That Girl said...

Aww that sounds like a fantastic weekend....food, fun friends and family!

Kelly said...

Sounds like everything was perfect. I m glad you had a great time.

Sara said...

This is the feeling I have every single weekend. I just love Mike being home and the three of us spending quality time together. Sounds like a wonderful weekend! Love the pics!!

Evil Twin's Wife said...

It's so nice to get away and have those weekends sometimes. Makes the ho-hum of the regular routine bearable! :-)

Liz said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous time!

Amy said...

Hi Lish! Yes, I have a blog, too - and I'm so glad I found yours again! Your kiddos are adorable and I loved the pics of you in your wedding dress. I can't believe it's been 9 years! Tell Shane Ian says hello!

Lisha said...

It was a great weekend!! Thanks everyone!

Cameron said...

YOu dress looks pretty and you both look like you had a nice time at the wedding. The bride looked beautiful too. Glad you had a wonderful weekend. We missed you.