Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Summer has begun

Summer has officially come to a start here at 182. I am happy, yet sad because I will miss the two little girls I have grown to adore and love, but the idea that I get to sleep in tomorrow morning (sorry my love...who still has to get up at 6:00 am) is keeping a smile on my face. I am done babysitting for the summer and am focusing spending quality time with my kids, organizing, and DEEP cleaning my house.

My home has taken a beating this year. I watch my once brand new home fall apart each year I own it. It is now going on year 8 and you can see the wear and tear. It is so hard to keep up with right now with me not working outside the home. Things just fall to the bottom of my list of purchases. It took forever for us just to save for a playground, and now things like the appliances are beginning to die, carpet needs replaced with laminate, and furniture needs to be replaced. The bathrooms need new tile and caulking. I need to add organziers to the pantry and laundry room cuz as our family grows, so does the amount of stuff we own.

It is funny when we look back to when we moved in December of 2001, Hubby and I were childless. We bought this (what we throught was huge at the time) 2100 square foot, 4 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath home. Since then, we have filled it with a dog and two kids. We even finished the basement with another bedroom and full bath. More rooms to clean, keep up with, and to fill with junk.

As you can see, the future of my summer is going to be filled with throwing junk away. My once 2 bags of garbage (thanks to recycling) will turn into 20 bags each week (unless it can be sold, given away, or recycled and most it is so worn out it can't be). I can't stand the clutter anymore. I hate finding something or getting something and then asking, "What am I going to do with this? Where should I put it?"

There she is...my plans for the summer. Somewhere in there I will do a lot of visiting with family and old friends, go on vacation, hang out at the pool, hang with my most awesome Mom friends, and just enjoy my time with my kids and Hubby. It starts this weekend as we are going to Pittsburgh to see my best friend from college. Her daughter is turning one! I can't even believe how fast time goes....Wait...wasn't that the title of my last post? Wow. It is amazing.

Have a great Tuesday and a better Hump Day tomorrow!

5 comments:

Evil Twin's Wife said...

When you're finished decluttering there, can you come here? I'll even feed you and give you wine! :-)

Sara said...

Enjoy sleeping in tomorrow! I've been purging and organizing too. We even cleaned out our garage last week and can park both of our cars inside. Have a wonderful Summer with your hubby and the kids. :)

Staci said...

Have fun sleeping in girl!!! Its gonna be a FAB summer I just know it! I will be TRYING (key word) to get organized as well, but I have been in major slacker mode lately!

Johnnie Avocado said...

yep...the 10 year mark is when you have to start fixing stuff. I actually found that it's a great time to make things the way you want. But yeah, kids destroy houses!

supah ~d said...

awwww. .I remember when we met. .childless and new home owners. :) Time flies.. :) We'd love a visit if you can build in some time!!