Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Extra Extra Read All About It

New job. New haircut. New clothes. New news.

So much is new. It is all happening so fast. Winding out of control fast. First day for work is Friday (That is of course I am approved to be hired). Here is a recap of the last few days.

Friday: Last day of bleeding. Energy back. Got things done around the house. Spent time with my kids.

Saturday: Laundry room was finally organized and accomplished. I tore everything out and even pulled the washer and dryer out to clean. Kids did their chores. We went to the pool. Then went scrap booking at my friend Amy's.

Sunday: Went to PA to visit with my in-laws for a few hours. The kids got to meet their new Beagle puppy (Bella) and run around outside. Noah & Syd rode the 4-wheeler with her Pap. I even tapped into my "country girl" mode and took a ride with Hubby. It felt nice just holding onto him. We then went out to my parents for a cookout outside with family who came in from NJ. Had a blast laughing and giggling around the table. I missed them. The kids ran around and played.

Monday: Super busy day. I got up, went to Maryland to shop by myself (lovely but lonely). I cashed my online job check, went to the mall, got my hair chopped off, hit up Kohls and spent 1/2 my money. I got 3 shirts, 2 pairs of pants, sunglasses, socks, a pair of shoes, and perfume using my 30% off coupon. I got so much for around $140. I was so proud. I ran back home by 1:00 so Hubby and I could leave for a check up from the M/C in Virginia. My doctor checked me and said that my uterus was small, but my urine test was still coming back positive. So they did blood work to check to see what else was going on. Again...I wait. I thought this was over. I am feeling good and back to normal. I got home late afternoon, packed my bags and headed back to PA to spend the night and Tuesday with my Mom. Just Mom & Me! She made a fabulous dinner for my sister-in-law, her, and myself. It was so yummy! We sat on the deck and had a drink. We laughed and talked and I enjoyed every second of it! (Wow I just noticed that I was in 4 different states in one day today. WV..I live. MD...I shop...VA...I went to the doctor...and PA to see my mom. I love living where we are!!)

Tuesday: Mom and I got up, went on a 3 mile country back road walk in the heat. It was so hot! We couldn't even stop sweating for quite some time. We showered and then headed to Panera Bread for lunch and of course then to shop. I spent the remaining of my money on 3 more shirts and another pair of shoes. I can't even believe what I got for $220!! I have not shopped at all for myself for the past 4 years. No joke. I get a shirt here and there but nothing like this. It was exciting!

New News: While shopping today, I got a call from my doctor's office. They said my blood work came back and my Hcg levels are still quite high. They scheduled me for an ultrasound tomorrow at 2:00 pm. Of course, I call all my Hubby and closest friends to vent my fears. I also google reasons why Hcg levels are still high after a miscarriage and think the worse. Things like ectopic pregnancies, cancer, molar pregnancy, etc. etc....I am scared to death. I just keep praying to myself that this will all be over soon and keep reminding myself that God is here. Have any of you heard of such a thing?

I am getting off here and drowning myself in a good book. Its all I can do for now. Is wait. Again.

7 comments:

Cameron said...

You have been one busy woman. I am so glad you spent time with your mom and you did things for YOU!!! Can't wait to see the hair and your fashion show. (=

I am glad we got to talk tonight. Know that I am always here. Please do not let the internet scare you. It is filled with the worst information. Like I told you,I highly doubt it is an EP because you are not in pain. The ultrasound will help figure out what the problem is with the high levels. Just try to get some rest tonight and see what tomorrow brings. Call or text me. I will be waiting...I have a doc appt too but I will get back to you if I don't answer. Saying big prayers for you.

LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Therese said...

What a whirlwind, Lisha! I will be praying for your test tomorrow!

Liz said...

Could your hcg levels still be high because when you m/c at home all the tissue didn't come out. Sometimes that can happen and then people still need to go in for a d/c to have the rest removed. I'm thinking of you.

Sara said...

How exciting that you went shopping for yourself. It's important to take time for yourself. Can't wait to see your new haircut!

I agree with Mary that an ectopic pregnacy would have been accompanied with lots of pain. Hope you get answers soon. I'll continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Jess said...

Lisha, I'm so glad you got to spend quality time with your mom. It's the best! Congrats on the new job, how exciting.

After I had Faith, the doctors told me it would take up to a month for the levels to go down. They didn't start checking me for cancer until my 6 weeks check-up. You're in my prayers!

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I'm sure the u/s will clear things up. I'm think it just takes a while for the levels to go down. {{{Hugs}}}

Staci said...

I am so glad you had a blast shopping and fun times with your family.... I envy that :) I bet the ride with Shane was nice.... Brings you back to the early years right?!?!

I hope everything went well today... hugs and thoughts are with you girl! <3