Sunday, January 17, 2010

Home Improvement continues....

The floors are still a work in progress. We are ALMOST done with the entire first floor and I am in heaven. I have dreamed of having the carpet GONE and now that it is..I couldn't be happier. Dad, Mom, and my Grandfather have come down many a weekends to work with us to get them done and we are down to just one hallway and the trim. One more day of work and it will be complete.


I have also been working to update the house as far as decor goes. Little by little my house is moving from 2001 to 2010. Funny how fast time goes when you think back on how old things really are.....


My inspiration this month goes to my kiddos. We took them to get their pictures taken and they turned out amazing. So amazing that they became my inspiration for my breakfast nook. I then found a cute wood cut saying at Kirklands for $15 and it made the wall perfect! Sorry for the crooked picture I took but I wanted to share.

I also painted my staircase wall an olive green color and have plans on purchasing the perfect wall decor for that...still searching for it. I will search till I find it :)

Other than that, I am enjoying the spare moments I have with my kiddos and hubby. Life has been good, so no complaints. Only happy times.

Missing you all,

Lisha

3 comments:

Staci said...

it looks great! i know how happy you are!

Cameron said...

It looks very pretty. Kudos to your family too. It is so much fun to find cute little things out there that make a difference to the home. Love the wall design. Too cute!

Sara said...

I know you'll be thrilled to finally have the floors complete. The photos of your children turned out great. I've been working on some home improvement projects too and it feels so good! Hope to see you soon.